Shouldn't we all be grateful

I am happy that I wasn’t born in Nazi Germany where mentally ill people were euthanized.

1 Like

Its definitely put me in a unique philosophical position when it comes to what truth and that nonsense philosophy stuff goes…but I’d prefer not to have people say things like I should be grateful about it either.

This is a tragedy that a small amount of people have to go through.

A genuine tragedy. My family thinks I need to just have some mental strength etc. I feel very little genuine compassion about my plight from them, I feel like a burden. I feel like I might be resentful and that its mutual.

This has been nothing, but a burden. It will test me, and while some might think themselves grateful for the opportunity. I don’t feel the need to thank anyone for the hand I’ve been dealt.

2 Likes

Yeah i can agree that it is better to be a schizophrenic in today’s society than one in those every just 50 years ago. You don’t get tortured with their previous attempts to cure you (such as making you have a cold shower as an example). However, i can also understand the other side of the coin. I feel somewhat inept now. I’m missing my motivation and drive. I feel like i could have gone on to do more if i didn’t become schizophrenic.

3 Likes

I totally get this, too. I always felt bitter about my mysterious disease. I’m in pain all the time and I’ve always felt so lost and alone. The pain we feel, whether psychological or physical, is so hard to deal with.
Please know that it’s okay to express your feelings. It’s okay to feel bitter and sad.
We’ll do our best to love and comfort you in those moments- you know, in rain and in sunny days. :two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I am grateful my suicide attempt was halted. So happy that I am not dead afterall
It really makes me think sometimes…I could have been dead

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.