Should we get tested?

Do we need to get tested?
It’s not like we are going to leave our house and mingle with others in the next week.

Yes we are displaying Covid symptoms but there’s no availability right now anywhere.

I’m not about to wait in line for hours with my frail and elderly father.

I mean is it necessary if we plan on isolating ourselves anyway?

1 Like

Here they say they won’t be able to test everyone as omicron is too infectious.

I say it’s entirely up to you.

1 Like

If you can, yes. Important for the government to have accurate numbers.

3 Likes

What country are you in? Here where I am in Michigan you can schedule a test with Walgreens and other stores like that. Plus we bought at home tests at CVS.

1 Like

We got 5 free at home covid tests. My brother tested positive yesterday and is sick showing covid symptoms. Its the 2nd time we get covid at our home, last time we all tested positive back in september last year.

2 Likes

Follow the government requirements. Over here you have to stay at home until negative ART I think.

1 Like

Nothing is available here.
I can try waiting in long lines at my local urgent care near my home on Monday.
I’ll see how it goes.

I ordered an at home rapid test a week ago and it won’t arrive to my house until January 9th.

There’s a shortage of rapid Covid tests here in my state.

4 Likes

Ok. Well good luck. I hope you feel better soon

Here they don’t ship them. You reserve them online and go pick them up.

1 Like

I ordered 2 tests in one kit from Amazon

2 Likes

Do you and other family members plan on staying away from your infected brother?

@Aziz

1 Like

Yes, he is self isolating in his room next to mine.

1 Like

That’s going to be difficult to completely isolate I would think

1 Like

In my area the county will arrange for someone to come out to test you in your house if you have mobility issues. You might want to look into that for your father and maybe they will treat anyone else in the household.

2 Likes

Just try your best then.

1 Like

Here in Arkansas USA I was able to book an appointment with a pharmacy the next day. They are out of home test kits and monochromal (spelling?) Antibodies though.

1 Like

Those are impossible to come by in Alberta. They gave them away at select pharmacies in the largest cities. Those of us in small towns are out of luck. Also, you have to be able to spend all day lined up to fight over the few kits available. Those of us with day jobs are SOL. So we have our moron government asking people to use RATs instead of getting a PCR test to save resources while having made it impossible to get the RATs.

Oh, and they had a bunch given to the province by our federal government, but our premier gifted them to businesses which not surprisingly have donated to his party.

I can’t get out of this craphole province soon enough.

2 Likes

There is a shortage of home test kits here now too.

Ban plastic straws. Meanwhile….plastic covid tests. :joy:

3 Likes

They banned those too here. The new cardboard straws suck and feels like I am eating cardboard as it melts in my mouth.

2 Likes

I’d say don’t worry about it. Just stay home till your better. If you get sick to the point u need the hospital then I’m sure they will test you there

1 Like