Should I tell my psychiatrist?

I was, but didn’t realize you already told your pdoc. Sorry! I should have read the thread.

1 Like

That’s ok @CoCo
I may contact my doctor tonight.
I took an increased dose of Klonopin and it’s not calming down my mania completely.

1 Like

Good luck @Wave . I hope you feel better soon

1 Like

Yes. Always yes. They can’t help fix your problems if they don’t know the extent of the problems. Just be open about your desire for solutions other than more meds, if possible.

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo and @shutterbug

1 Like

Have you tried lithium @Wave? It worked for me for my mania in the past with no weight gain side effect if you are worried about that

1 Like

I was on lithium for years, it ultimately gave me full blown hypothyroidism.
I really don’t want to be on a classic mood stabilizer.
I’ve tried them all and gained unwanted side effects.

1 Like

Oh okay I’m sorry you got such bad side effects. The only other one I can think of would be Lamictal which isn’t actually for mood stability it’s actually an anti-convulsant I’m sure you already know of this one but just throwing it out there.

1 Like

Thanks @Hanna_Foxx
I’ve been on Lamictal before and it makes me manic and anxious.
Can’t be on that one.

1 Like

Well shoot I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you can find something that does work for you!

2 Likes

I’m seriously considering going back on Abilify.
It was a pretty good mood stabilizer but it made me extremely anxious.
But I might be able to offset some of the anxiety by taking Klonopin.

I was on it for over 10 years and never once was hospitalized.

This way eventually I can eventually come off the Risperdal.

My father suggested that I retry the Abilify this time without the Tegretol which interacts with the Abilify.

I managed to lose a ton of weight and my blood glucose was normal.

My negatives were non existent.

I’m going to mention it to my doctor as soon as I can.

@everhopeful @Aziz @CoCo @anon80629714

3 Likes

Yea I think I suggested that to you in the past.

1 Like

Yes you have.
I took Klonopin with it in the past but maybe not enough.

I’ll make sure that I take sufficient amounts of Klonopin with Abilify this time.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I hope it works. Just FYI, Cogentin helps me with the feeling like I need to jump out of my skin ( it’s a feeling full of anxiety for me). I take 3 mg a day of Cogentin

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo

1 Like

That’s a good idea @Wave. I used to take tegratol with it too and ended up without it and I’m doing fine. Do get anxiety but it’s manageable I feel. Compared to other side effects.

1 Like

Thanks @anon80629714 1515

1 Like

yea same for me… it didn’t even take long to get my thyroid messed up… i’m glad i stopped lithium

1 Like

and yea i think you should tell your pdoc… it’s best to be completely honest with your pdoc as they need to have all information to be able to help you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.