Should I take this again or throw it?

Ldopa gives me energy and make my negative symptoms better but also make positive symptoms worse. A while back I took 600mg, I felt as good as before sz energy and emotion wise but later started hearing voices calling my name, felt like I needed to go to the emergency, mental hospital. But it felt GOOD for a bit before psychotic symptoms appeared. Also became paranoid of my friends, insulted one but luckily he understood why. Sometimes I have strong urge to take it to feel good and normal like before sz. Should I keep it or throw it?

2 Likes

Maybe try like L-tyrosine instead. Probs safer option

2 Likes

I tried big doses of it, did nothing.

2 Likes

Maybe give wellebutrin a try again? Seems safer

3 Likes

Is it worth it?

2 Likes

I tried it a few years ago, it made me mean and more anger issues but the ldopa is stronger and was worse for positive symptoms.

2 Likes

I just noted Wellbutrin in my notepad. I wanna try it again. Maybe this time will be better. But i hated that it blocked the effects of nicotine. Honestly its Straterra that I want but my pdoc said no several times. I don’t have a pdoc now and my gp said no to Strattera, he won’t prescribe me psych meds.

2 Likes

How is the Concerta? Feeling better and more energy?
I think I am sensitive to dopamine maybe thats why Ldopa have effects on me.

1 Like

Probably not a good idea :bulb:

2 Likes

Im planning on trying wellebutrin too after i lower my meds

1 Like

Yes it helps me quite a bit actually. It seems to help for like 10 hours. Im using the alza brand but i heard they discontinued it this year. So i might have to switch to the generic tablet at some point which i think doesnt last as long. So i might have to add a 5mg booster end of day.

My pdoc is like ok 36mg works for you? Great heres a 90 day script. Lol

She gave me a lamotrigine script as well which i may add in a month or 2. Just need to see how the concerta goes first.

2 Likes

i think benztropine is similar to l-dopa. have u tried that? it doesnt seem to make my sz worse.

They’re not, benztropine is an anticholinergic which is bad for cognition. I was on benztropine for akathisia, it made my cognition worse. Ldopa is dopaminergic.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take it if you react badly to it. There are milder dopamine modulators to try like curcumin, rhodiola rosea and bacopa monnieri, that might do something for you without taking you over the edge.

2 Likes

Throw it. It’s not worth it to get sick.

2 Likes

I tried Neuro something with l dopa,that stuff is dangerous.
Flushed it…

2 Likes

Chuck it out … You don’t need to visit the psych ward or go to jail

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.