Should I stop therapy?

If you don’t need it yes you should stop.

2 Likes

@zeno, Is therapy different from treatment of schizophrenia.

1 Like

I started having a therapist last August, when I was still drinking. Now, with the drinking stopped for 9 months, I don’t honestly know what I’m doing “in therapy.” I do know that it’s driving me batty at this point, however.

I see my last post was removed. ■■■■ me. I only told the truth.

I don’t want to close the thread, so please try to be less sexist. If your therapist is trying to emasculate you, you can’t just state as a fact that it must be because she is ugly, old, and hasn’t had sex.

3 Likes

Right. I only know how my interaction with her is affecting me. And it’s not been constructive.

1 Like

Therapy can help you through your symptoms by giving you someone who can give you perspective, but you have to find the right person. Maybe look for another therapist before giving up completely.

2 Likes

I once bought some encyclopedias from a thrift store just so I could learn new things and I did but I forgot the things I learned

I really like my therapist.

I liked my last therapist.
My current therapist is ok but she has very little experience with psychotic clients.

I see her because it’s better to see both a psychiatrist and therapist if you want to remain on disability.

This is true here in the States.

It also gives me a chance to socialize a bit with someone other than my father or brother.

Sometimes she gives good advice.

Thanks, everybody. I left the therapist a voice message saying I want to stop that service. As for being on disability or not, I guess every gain comes at a cost somewhere.

1 Like

If your therapist treats you like garbage and makes you feel bad you need a new therapist. Doesn’t mean you have to stop therapy, but you should definitely try to find someone that doesn’t suck.

3 Likes

Switch therapists, no point in going if it doesn’t work for you. My therapy appointments are basically a check in. Nothing really more than that, at least for now. I’d rather not go, but it is conditional. No meds if I am not checking in with a therapist. Kinda blows, but whatever. I don’t really trust therapists personally. That’s me. I don’t trust anyone though.

I am looking for a new therapist b/c she put me on a 6 week therapy appts. I used to see her every two weeks. Now I have two therapists, one I pay for and one that ssdi pays for. It’s working so far. I am going to fire the one I pay for.

I find therapy completely useless.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.