Should I stop focusing so much of my energy and time on meditation?

Meditation is my go-to coping mechanism…and I think it’s good for me…but how do I know if I’m meditating too much or in the wrong way?

2 Likes

If it helps you feel clear minded then you’re doing it right. If it keeps you from participating in life then you’re doing it too often

2 Likes

Thank you, @CoCo. Very wise response.

2 Likes

Meditation is meant to calm down the brain. A number of different things can do this. Meditation is one of those things. Now true meditation means going beyond the calm mind that you prepared for during meditation. It means merging into consciousness/God. Meditation means union! So yes keep meditating

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughtful response!

Do you enjoy meditating? If you do then it can be a healthy and rewarding experience.

I meditate every day up to 1 and a half hours. Sometimes 2 hours, all split up into half an hour sessions over the day.

I mostly love it. I have become calmer and more collected over the years and it fills in time constructively. Why do you worry about it?

1 Like

Yea I think I agree with @labratmat, if you enjoy it, then it is beneficial, @cdwithdcs.

If you are forcing the practice then there is something wrong.

Unless it provides benefits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.