Should i start taking SSRI due to suicidal ideation?

I still have lexapro left before my hospitalization that they stopped giving me. In the hospital i started to develop suicidal ideation. Now i constantlt think of killing myself and I often start walking to railway to do it, but I often convince myself that is not worth it and turn around. Should i start taking lexapro again? My pdoc only will work on monday

1 Like

SSRI’s can cause these so taking it is not a good solution especially if you have mood disorders like sza, bipolar etc. A mood stabilizer might be a better idea. Deficiency in folate can cause severe depression may be methylfolate can help which you can ask the pdoc. It can quickly dissolve severe depression if have as it acts like a mood changer.

Tulsi tea (holy basil) can calm your mind.

I took lexapro for 5 years before and it helped a lot. I also on depakote

If you’re getting suicidal ideation then talk to your doctor asap :astonished:

2 Likes

I cant now, she will work on monday only. She offered last time lexapro but i said i was weaned off of it at a hospital and didnt say anything else.

1 Like

Take depakote only. SSRI and other serotonin substances can aggravate if have comorbid mood issues. Other things which can help include NAC, tulsi tea etc.

Monday is only a few days away. Lexapro takes time to build up in your body anyway.

2 Likes

I know, but i dont want to waste any days not taking it as well. Lexapro worked wonders on me like lifted up mood, was able to work full time. I was also one time diagnosed with major depressive disorder and lexapro was officially prescribed to me alongside depakote. No one explains why they wean off lexapro of me and then i fall into depression again.

1 Like

I have sza and I get suicidal if I don’t take an ssri. With one, I’m not suicidal. They don’t have a negative effect on everyone

Does your doctor have a crisis care line? This sounds like an emergency situation. I worry about you doing something dangerous between now and Monday if you don’t get a med change, but I also worry about you changing your meds without doctor approval. Sounds like you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do what you think will keep you alive until Monday.

I will start taling lexapro again tomorrow. I have one full box and I asked my mom to call another psychiatrist to ask to prescribe another one. I havent told my mom about my suicidal thoughts as she freaked out the last time i told her and she forced me into a hospital for a month just to be put on lexapro which i was already taking at the time

1 Like