Should I spend £1200 on a bike?

What about an airdyne?

1 Like

You could get a decent treadmill for that price! :open_mouth:

A treadmill will burn more calories than a bike, plus it is better for posture. You could do incline walking and a slow to medium pace for an hour daily.

4 Likes

In my opinion it is too much for a non professional.

1 Like

I see myself not using it to be honest , my most used equipment at the gym was the rowing machine but for space I can’t have that.

2 Likes

No. Buy a bike for like 500 bucks and buy a trainer for 200 bucks. Then you have a working bike and an exercise bike

2 Likes

i take it the hula hoop didnt work out then?

2 Likes

My bike broke and the hula hoop was too big for me.

1 Like

I was looking for an exercise bike.

Looking at this one…

https://www.jtxfitness.com/jtx-cyclo-5-upright-exercise-bike?awc=5606_1609616732_0a6ee0c5dfe201c42c9a83d1544640ea&utm_source=Affiliate_Window&utm_campaign=78888

What puts me off is that I want to try it out before purchasing as I have hip problems, On my mountain bike no issues with hip but I tried the day centres exercise bike with the pedals move forward then then straight postion and it hurts my hip.

I’m between Nottingham and Lincoln, I will try and find a brick and mortar place to purchase one from so I can try it. Its a lot of money and hard to spend back if got wrong,

1 Like

Is the bike one of those Peloton units? Apparently having the bike plus the app lets you “cycle” with others even from your own home alone and it goes a fair way towards replacing the health club experience. One of my friends very much enjoys his and it was a good investment in his case. He’s also a professional and can afford it, which doesn’t hurt.

1 Like

No that one is around £2000 which is way too much for a bike

I had a look at the cyclo go from that site which I’m keen on.

It depends on how big a part of your life it is. When I go shooting I’m carrying around a $50,000 backpack full of camera bodies and lenses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.