Should I spend £1200 on a bike?

I want to buy this stationary bike and my mum wants to use it too, she offered to pay. There is a bike I like but its £1200.

5 Likes

Why is it so pricey.

Mine was 300…

2 Likes

All the bikes I like that are cheaper have been sold out. I saw one at costco, but people say the seat is uncomfortable… This is the bike I want

1 Like

I bike 10 min a day on my stationary bike. If you plan to use it every day it could be worth the investment.

2 Likes

I’m gonna wait till I find a cheaper alternatve… think you’re right

3 Likes

We got the bike that had best reviews on Amazon, 470$canadian but in the US it costs 270$US.

1 Like

If your mom is the one paying, she is the one with the opinion that matters. Not us. 1200 is more than I would spend, but you are in a different income bracket.

1 Like

Everything is cheaper in the US!

2 Likes

She said she liked it, but then again, I don’t know how much we’re gonna use it. I think I will try find something cheaper…

2 Likes

My Mum bought a Reebok Bike that I’ve used a few times. Think it was a few hundred pounds. Its pretty good. Not sure what spending 2.5 X that would actually improve :confused:

1 Like

I didn’t know they make Reebok bikes, its a clothing company. Nice.

1 Like

You can change seats like a regular bike.

2 Likes

I mean if you guys can’t find anything cheaper and your mum is happy to pay that price…doesn’t sound too shabby…

but yea maybe keep looking for a lil bit…?if it is cool with your mum too…

1 Like

How much is your mother willing to pay?

1 Like

My brother just bought an expensive E bike.
It’s battery assisted.

2 Likes

I think I might just do that. I saw a bike on Costco for £400 which is way more manageable for myself.

2 Likes

That’s a fair price if it’s decent quality.

1 Like

Buy used.

I just spent $800 on a used exercise bike that usually would go for $3,000 if it were new.

I think you’re accross the pond. But find a reliable classified and search there. I found mine in FB marketplace.

Edit: I would stay away from ‘reconditioned’ gym equipment too. It’s usually gross equipment & you wouldn’t want it in your home.

1 Like

Mine was a hair over $200 and I love it.

Supports my girth just fine.

But you need to ride for a good several minutes until your bottom gets used to the seat.

That is a nice bike by Apex OP. If you don’t live close to a fitness center and with covid going around your own bike is probably a healthy decision.

-S

3 Likes

That’s true for some stationary bikes but not for others.

My stationary bike doesn’t accept a different seat which is unfortunate since the seat it came with is literally a pain in the a$$. :grimacing: