Should I lower my AP dose?

I didn’t have any positive symptoms on 3mg Risperdal but asked my Dr to go up to 6mg because of anger and irritability issues which are fixed now. Will I have these 2 problems again if I go down to 3mg?

Can a benzo help with the anger and irritability issues instead of the AP?

I wouldn’t recommend benzos they’re awful addictive

1 Like

Is there anything I can take to calm me down and to sedate me other than benzos to reduce anger and irritability issues?

1 Like

Maybe benadryl, visteril or maybe trazadone but I’m no Dr

1 Like

Maybe go down to 4mg first and see how you do @Aziz
I went from 5mg down back to my old 4mg dose and I’m doing well so far.

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t know it was used for sz negative symptoms.

1 Like

Trazadone is a good drug its extremely calming and I had no dependency issues or withdrawals with it I take it when I’m in the hospital so for like 1-2 weeks then when I get out I just stop

1 Like

It really helps the mood and restless irritability if you are able to excersise, even if it’s just going for a small walk each day.

1 Like

L-theanine
Broccoli sprout extract
Beta alanine

I take those and they calm me down.

2 Likes

You could try CalmAid. I created a thread about it here on the forum and included some studies.

https://ca.iherb.com/pr/nature-s-way-calmaid-clinically-studied-lavender-30-softgels/43054

2 Likes

Calcium-magnesium. It relaxes the muscles in the body, and promotes a sense of calm. I use it to help relax me before I go to sleep.

You can even buy it in the US under the brand name Calm.

3 Likes

I take that Jamieson brand, 333mg calcium, 167mg magnesium and 200UI Vitamin D.

2 Likes

If you take a natural approach there are tons of supplements you could try like for example chamomile, lemon balm, lavender, ashwaganda, bacopa, b-vitamins and NAC.

However supplements can only do so much in this sense. The most important thing is to use the body. Try to get a walk in each day. Excersise if you can. Challenge yourself at least to get 20 minutes excersise each day if you aren’t already. I guarantee the investment is worth it.

1 Like

Well I lowered my dose to 4mg from 6mg yesterday, I already feel tense/agitated and snapped at my brother and father. Idk why i get angry and tense whenever I lower my dose. Its weird since I dont get positive symptoms even on 3mg risperidone

I feel like a drugged up criminal.

Did you consult with a psychiatrist?
Or did you drop the dose on your own?

The psychiatrist dose is 3mg. I asked him and lied to him so he increase it to 4mg then 6mg. I told him I have positive symptoms instead of saying I have anger issues. He won’t raise my dose from 3mg if I tell him I don’t have positive symptoms.

My pdoc says its ok to increase my dose on my own when I get symptoms. Last time I went up from 4 to 6mg on my own then told him after a month. He’s ok with it.

On a positive note I feel more energy. Maybe I should stay at 3mg like my psychiatrist want me to and deal with the anger issues myself.