Should I go to psychiatric rehab? My pdoc says it helps in treatment of schizophrenia, Has anybody here ever went to such a place?

I have gone to one before but it wasn’t good enough and I am going to another rehab

I spent 5 months in a psychiatric institute when I was first diagnosed but we were allowed to go home on the weekends. The daily classes where they taught you stuff about mental health was interesting. And there was stuff to do during the day, gymnasium with basketball nets, workout room, billiard room with 4 pool tables, several TVs, play station, cafeteria, free to roam the grounds. It was okay but I wouldn’t want to do it again. After 5 months I couldn’t wait to leave. They also experimented with several drugs.

I’m not familiar with the term “psychiatric rehab”, but I did spend a year in a private psychiatric hospital in Dallas. I also stayed for four months at a bunch of state psychiatric hospitals. That was back before the new millenium. I’ve stay for around 28 days two or three times in a private/state hospital. Also, I have been in what they call “respite care” two or three times. In respite care they mostly leave you alone, and you just rest a few days. It worked pretty well for me. My advice is that you do what you need to do. Don’t be intimidated.

if you find it difficult to get better by yourself then it might be a good idea to go to the psych ward for a while yea… it really did help me. I was in the psych ward 2 times each 4 months and the second time i was in it really helped me.

not sure if that is the same as psychiatric rehab…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.