Should I go on meds?

I’m sza on invega. I felt better on it, no complaints

1 Like

I think it might take a little longer than a month for it to really kick in and get rid of the symptoms.

1 Like

I felt much of what to describe plus auditory hallucinations. Nothing too crazy just.mumbling and things like shut doors or car horns.

My sympto.s are more like yours and I get really uncomfortable around people. Meds helped me a lot. I am sza bipolar type.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Did the meds take away those symptoms? Can you go outside and be in public/around people now without the fear and paranoia? Like just sit on a bench without feeling exposed and afraid, etc…

I was able to go out more. The meds took away the scared feeling. I started this supplement called lions mane and I have no fear of being in public the past week. There is discussion here on it I will link it. I took it to help my memory and found it got rid of my fears of being in public and my paranoia

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Do they work as an antipsychotic or something? I’ll check it out…

From what I have read it helps control symptoms especially combined with APs. I wouldn’t say avoid meds because I think the mushroom is just helping control the milder breakthrough symptoms. But if you aren’t on anything it can’t hurt to try something.

1 Like

Thanks. I wonder if the meds will work on the fear/paranoia or w/e it is…because if they just flatten/deaden me and make me unable to enjoy anything or have any motivation for anything without doing much for the symptoms, I’m not sure there’s a point…unless perhaps I have to give them more time.

Mine did blunt my enjoyment. But I also take Zoloft now and my enjoyment and a little motivation are coming back. I take Invega 234 mg every 3 weeks and Zoloft 50 mg a day.

I really don’t know what to do. I just want to feel like I did that one day, where I felt normal (I think) - no overly strong emotions, no paranoia - just normal. My pdoc wanted to add a small dose of Wellbutrin, but I’m scared of taking an AD. I tried Zoloft and it just made me feel worse…

Thanks for sharing, btw.

1 Like

Well, all I can say is give the supplement a try. A few people here have had good results. Two have not. I am amazed at how well it worked for me. I had severe anxiety if in public and I lost sight of my husband in stores or he went to the bathroom in restaurants. Always felt like people were staring at me and talking about it judging me.

The day after taking the supplement I actually walked away from my husband and shopped on my own!

1 Like

Thanks, I may discuss it with my pdoc. She’s pro-meds and against a lot of other things, like ECT, drugs, etc. even natural herbs, as someone had a psychotic reaction to them I think and visited her.

1 Like

Oh god I remember becoming “enlightened.” It’s a trap.

Yes it is. A convincing one at that. When I start getting into this sort of thinking, I have to remind myself that I’m no more special than anyone else. I am human. I am above no one.

1 Like

I’ve had this experience. I felt blissed out, very grounded and at peace…like I was reborn. Then it went away - I dissociated or something - felt like I went back inside my own mind, and was on autopilot.

I also often feel like I’m ‘bigger’ than others and I have to show everyone - or that I’m inferior. I wonder if this part of psychosis or something, because when I had that one day of what I thought was ‘normalcy’ I didn’t have this.

Now, I sometimes either feel like a bully or like a scared child. I don’t know if this is my personality and something I have to work on, or if it’s a psychotic disorder and I should be taking APs…

For me it was more like everything made sense for the first time. Every word started to have a different meaning. The world was all created out of this one code that all humans naturally knew and I was finally coming to realize the true meaning behind everything… In reality I was just drawing on the walls in my room and throwing apples at people from a balcony. You win some you lose some. lol

Do the meds work for thought broadcasting/paranoia/feeling mentally exposed/vulnerable?

I’m afraid my pdoc will prescribe me Risperdal again, tell me to take it for a month - and I’ll start to feel increasingly flat and deadened and stop taking them again.

Meds help or completely takes away those symptoms. And if I were you I would ask the doc for a different antipsychotic. I’m on abilify and it works well with hardly any side effects

Thanks. She says I have negative symptoms, and I’m not sure if the meds increase them or what…I just remember when I had that one day of ‘normalcy’ it felt like I was in a different state of consciousness - like everything was darker, I felt calm and relaxed, with nobody getting stuck inside my head. I also had my deep voice back and felt like myself.

Do you feel like psychosis or w/e this is is a different state of consciousness? When/if the meds work, do they change your state of consciousness? I remember during that one day, I looked at my Playstation and was wondering why I even bought it, since during my ‘episode’ or w/e, I liked to play video games (though it may be a sort of artificial stimulation) but that day I didn’t care for video games, which I thought was my ‘normal.’