Should I get a pet tortoise

I think I want lol…

1 Like

No. Pets can be a bad idea. You have to look after them very well and when they die it’s very sad.

2 Likes

Did you decide what you want to do in life?

1 Like

I had a pet turtle when I was a kid. his name was speedy. I’d wake up in the morning and find him stuck between the radiator and the wall. I guess his tank was too cold. he eventually died and something bit his head off.

2 Likes

I have a pet tortoise. Its not a decision to be made lightly due to their needs and long lifespan. Chances are they will out live you, and you’ll need a contingency plan in place, or someone to leave them to in your will after you pass on.

Whatever you do dont get a Sulcata! Sanctuaries, zoo’s, and pretty much everywhere else can’t take them in if you have to give them up due to their size and incredibly long life span, and they can be destructive buggers if not properly enriched.

I love my tort, she brings me so much joy, but I really don’t recommend tortoises or turtles as a pet unless you’ve done a metric crap ton of research, and then breed specific research. It takes a lot of work daily to keep them happy and entertained. As they grow they require a lot of space, especially depending on the breed.

3 Likes

I’d be afraid to step on it by mistake especially if it’s a very small one. Not sure the shell could withstand my weight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.