Should I Even Date Anyone?

I’m wondering about my self-image and self-esteem currently, and almost to the point of realizing that I’m not healthy enough to date anyone after my church service mission.

I don’t mean just schizophrenia either, though, a large portion is attributed to that affliction. But no, I mean my personality; all my life I have been very selfish and self-centered, to the point of me thinking I have clinical narcissism. However, I also have BPD traits that effect all my relationships in life, and make people, after they get to know me more, weary of me. They see the manipulation that I do, and do rather subconsciously, and they don’t want to be in my vicinity. As deleterious as I have been at times, I find myself wondering whether I am deserving of love, or if I’m simply too sick for it with regards to my personality.

3 Likes

If you are thinking that you may not be enough for someone, that shows that you are not a narcissist
:+1:t4:

2 Likes

Btw did you saw that girl again?

1 Like

How have you been selfish all your life?

2 Likes

Everyone’s circumstances are different and only you can know how much you’re willing to work against your flaws

1 Like

Idk bro… I’m not the Sharpest person but make sure your view of yourself is balanced. I sometimes think the same things you do but when my mind is in a good place I can see more than just my negative traits.

Everybody is on a spectrum as far as positive/negative traits …most of it not of our choosing. The important thing is to cultivate the good and recognize the bad but see it in prospective.

I spent years thinking I was a bad person and it just choked out any good that was possible.

What criteria do you need to meet to deserve love? If a person values you and is into you go for it and do your best to treat her right.

A Buddhist munk said don’t wait for there to be no more suffering in your life to be happy. Be kind to yourself man …

1 Like

I’ve been texting her, and was supposed to see her today, but she is sick. Kinda bummed out.

1 Like

Thank you, @AKendrick. That helps a lot.

1 Like

Even Stalin and Hitler had girlfriends. Go ahead and get one.

4 Likes

I wonder what Hitler could have done if he focused on the positive and grew that in himself lol

It’s not some essence of evil…all people have good in them. The real question is how do we unlock it instead of focusing on the negative…

1 Like

True that. How do we focus on the Positive.

1 Like

Create it

3 Likes

True that. But focusing on positive thoughts is tough part sometimes. That’s why I need therapy so badly and I hope I get it on the assessment 29 April. Let’s see.

1 Like

I’m working on that lol

I’ve just had some experience with it but it’s very new and unstable. I just know sh iting on your self is not the way to well being

2 Likes

Yea …idk about others but therapy definitely help me. Funny thing Is I no longer ■■■■ on myself but now I’m negative about the world :person_facepalming:t5:

I guess I’m on a journey!sorry …I didn’t read your full message at first

2 Likes

He should have focused exclusively on his painting instead of world domination.

2 Likes

Sometimes I make my own little mantras… I repeat a word or phrase until it makes me feel better. You know trying to rewire my brain one bit at a time. Hahaha

1 Like

I miss painting. I might buy some cheap art stuff!! Cos can’t afford what I usually paint. With.

1 Like

Well, it’s better than trying to overrun Europe.

3 Likes

Lol imagine if I was president of Europe.

2 Likes