Schizophrenia.com

Should I close a credit card?

I only use debit cards. I know my account is about as hacked as it can be, so I only put money on it when I can run home and pay my bills, or whatever. I donate to charity with my debit card too. I’m a long way from getting any credit cards. I suppose it would help to improve my credit if I ever want to buy a car. I doubt if I will ever want to buy a house.

2 Likes

Dang @LED wish I had you around for advice in my 20s.

4 Likes

Get a credit card with no annual fee

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I think your credit rating is effected more by how often you use your credit card and pay it pack on time, not how many you have. I only have 1 cc and that’s all I need, I have a great credit rating.

2 Likes

I have a Barclaycard credit card. Here in the U.K. I think credit cards don’t change an annul free? Maybe AMEX do? I have a set budget a month like £320 4/weekly for food shopping and coffee shops. I put everything on Credit card and pay off in full end of month. I’m normally good at sticking to a budget. This has greatly improved my credit score. I want a Barclaycard rewards card which you can use abroad without paying card payment fees when used.

2 Likes

I have a debit card which is called “credit card” here.
I can go shopping everywhere and on the internet with it.

1 Like

Agreed. My credit score is excellent and we only have one cc.

2 Likes