Should I bring my cat? POLL

I’m going on vacation soon. Well actually to see my dad on the other side of the country. I have an INTENSE paranoia around police or security figures arresting me for any small reason. I’m thinking if I take Kitty as an ESA on the flight with me I’ll be able to stay calm while going through security and while in the air. I asked my dad, he says it’s okay but that we are going to be going on an overnight trip and a few day trips where I will likely have to leave Kitty behind. He worries it might be a hassle to care for her while I’m out there. Although I’ve been away from my apartment for 48hrs and she was just fine on that time. I dunno. I know I’ll make out fine without her with me in the plane but going through security is going to be absolute hell. I’m gunna be SOOOO anxious and paranoid. I just know my symptoms are gunna MAX. I don’t know if I should get a DRs note to take her or not. Take her, yes or no?[poll type=regular public=true]

• Yes
  • No
    [/poll]

I’d be too afraid she’d somehow get out and lost. Bring a “worry rock” to rub instead.

4 Likes

No cat…it will distract you too much…

Bring @chordy’s ass with you. You can rub it for good luck.

3 Likes

Just be warned of possible windy conditions affecting the air quality.

2 Likes

This really isn’t a great idea. Travel is extremely stressful for cats, they might not let you bring her in the cabin even with a doctor’s note, her anxiety might exacerbate yours, and as @Csummers noted, if she gets out there is a very good chance that you won’t find her again and she will certainly not be able to find her way home.

8 Likes

Poor cat.
No leave your cat at home.
The journey would be a stressor for her.

2 Likes

Bring a Fidget Spinner with you on your trip to ease your stress…they’re all the rage these days.

4 Likes

How is she going to go potty on her travels? No, not a good idea at all. Way too stressful for the cat and you.

1 Like

Cats don’t travel well as a rule. I’d leave the kitty at home.

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be finding a sitter for her😔 I don’t know how I’m going to pass through security.

I don’t think emotional support animals are allowed to be out of their carriers…you realize that right…only service animals would be…so it’s not like you’d get to pet and snuggle with them…I could be wrong but that was my experience.

I’d suggest instead maybe getting a small supply of benzos and popping one or two before the airport experience. Many people do this. My friend has a phobia of needles and was prescribed a small amount of benzos just for when she needs medical procedures done involving needles.

1 Like

Too stressful for the cat … leave her behind.

2 Likes

Lol. I’m so glad to be away from those things! (school year’s over) :flushed:

1 Like

I took my cat from NYC to Portugal a 7.5 h flight. It wasn’t a disaster, but we had to get sleeping meds for kitty, keep him in a flight approved carrier under the seat and had to bring food and water for him though he didn’t eat. I’m pretty sure he peed in the carrier but we had an absorbent insert. Getting thru security was a little harrowing as we had to take the cat out of the carrier and have him pat down by the screeners. He could have run away but he was sedated already.

To conclude, don’t put your cat through travel like that unless you absolutely have to. Better off taking some meds for anxiety instead. Happy travels

1 Like

yeah once I took my cat with me on a travel of 12 hours during psychosis =(
The cat was traumatized. Hope you don’t take your cat with you, there are some nice affordable shelters who take them, if you have no one to watch her.

Try watching movies

1 Like

Don’t worry guys. Im thinking I’ll get some benzos like suggested and maybe something soft and fuzzy I can keep in my hands instead. I really, really don’t want to traumatize my little bean for a quick trip. I don’t want her to get hurt, sick, or end up hating me. I didn’t realize traveling could be so taxing on kitty but it makes sense. I’ll take her to the groomer before I leave and leave the keys to my boyfriend so he can care for her. Thinking about buying one of those home cameras so I can see her from my phone whenever I want. And also so I know that he is going to check on her every day. Seems like a better idea for her.

1 Like

I’ve got two of them. I’m a 12 year old at heart😂 They don’t do much for me though.

1 Like

Thanks for not letting me do something stupid. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Hey, do not take @chordy ass for granted. it worked hard to get where it is today.

2 Likes

3 Likes