Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

Should I be concerned?

My doctor has now switched me to Olanzapine 5mg but she also prescribed benztropine to try and combat side effects. Does anyone have any experience with this combination? I’m also on Celexa 40mg, lorazepam .5mg 3x day and trazodone 100mg to sleep.

Benztropine is relatively harmless, for me it was. And I didn’t have any side effects from olanzapine. Olanzapine is a great medication though! I took benztropine with haldol and it took away the shakes I had from coming off of the haldol cold turkey. Zyprexa is a wonderful Antipsychotic, works good for agitation, good for panic, good for mania, good for anxiety.

I take Ability Maintana 300mg for about a 1year. It works great they don’t stalk me as much. The antipsychotics are only meant to calm you down so you don’t hurt yourself or others. In college I watched a documentary and it stated that your stalked based on the antipsychotic you take

I also take Ativan and it works great as well

Just an update, been on the Olanzipine for five days now. No noticeable improvement on the positive symptoms as of yet, but I don’t feel close to a crisis point anymore. I decided not to take the benztropine because I wanted to see if it actually caused any side effects before just taking something extra. What’s interesting is that last night I woke up at 4am and it felt like my whole body was jittery and my arms were slightly shaking. I’m not sure if it was just a scary dream or if it was the meds…

I’m on Risperdal Consta, Geodon, Seroquel, Celexa, Klonipin, and Benztropine (Cogentin). These all work beautifully on my psychosis, depression and anxiety. But, now, I am looking to quit the Risperdal Consta because of it’s deleterious effects upon my creativity.

Another update, I haven’t been seeing shadows for the past two days. Normally they lurk behind my closet and follow me around corners, I haven’t seen them for the last two days, I hope this is a good sign. The voices aren’t less yet but they’ve been less negative as of late. I’ve been sleeping now better than I ever have been.