Should I ask to do it over the phone?

I have to go to a hearing today for some unpaid bills. MY anxiety is high and I really don’t want to go. It’ll just be me, a representative of the court, and the person from the firm I owe money. That person is usually connected via phone.

Should I call them and ask if we can do it over the phone?
And should I tell the truth, that I have anxiety, or should I say I’ve got the flu?

I sooooo don’t want to go. I don’t want to shower, I don’t want to leave my house. I don’t even want to call and say I can’t go, but I can’t just not show up and not give a reason, I’ll go to jail.

Argh, what do I doooo?

1 Like

I called them and just told is as it is. My anxeity is really bad, I haven’t left the house since monday, and I cannot bear the thought of having to ride by train to a nearby town right now. They rescheduled me to late october

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Pikasaur. Nothing worse than dreading something, that makes the anxiety escalate. I’m glad they were able to reschedule it for you. Gives you some time to mentally prepare perhaps. Hope you feel better soon.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.