Should I ask to be switched off Abilify?

If they work, you should order that low powered one from iherb.com, or maybe try a health shop if there’s one nearby.

Good luck Anna!! Let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

Will do! Also time release (I looked it up) means the drug was made so that it dissolves slower so takes longer to wear off. That should be a good thing right?

1 Like

I don’t know, but you should get an idea if they work pretty much after a day or two. I’ve never taken any time release vitamins, so can’t say if they’re better or worse.

But if those work, I’d definitely shop around for a low powered bcomplex.

As those are high potency, they might interact with abilify, so keep an eye out for that.

How did it interact? Sorry if you told me and I forgot.

I felt chest tightness. I’ve absolutely no problems on the low powered ones though.

Update, after taking it yesterday, when I woke up last night I didn’t experience intense hunger! And today I didn’t wake up with it! Wooo. I’m going to keep taking it and see how things go.

4 Likes

I was gonna say, I took Abilify for about 9 years and never experienced as many side effects as other medications I tried. Abilify definitely worked to help with paranoia, persecution fears and delusions. It realy calmed me down and I was able to work through a lot. Latuda I tried that also, I experienced more side effects on Latuda, intense nausea and dizzyness from Latuda. Geodon increased my hallucinations, and I think it’s more heavy and intense than Abilify. Geodon caused me to have mania and paranoia. Abilify has a calming effect but the side effects go after a few months: restlessness, changes in appetite. It’s not listed as a medication that causes weight gain. I haven’t noticed a difference in my weight honestly.

I’m having to start Abilify again after it was finally approved by my new insurance. Currently I would pick Abilify over any other anti-psychotics because it doesn’t limit me or affect my reading and writing and keeps me centered. I’ve been taking Vistaril PAM 25mgs up to three times a day while I was waiting for it to be approved. Vistaril was an ok temporary anti-psychotic but it can make you irritable and has massive list of diverse experiences and effects. Abilify is relatively simple other than, I’ve been on 30mgs a day for the past years and had no trouble getting off it. It can cause stroke or withdrawal psychosis in rare cases. It can cause coma if you were to overdose but it’s less likely it seems to cause TD or twitching.

Seroquel gave me seizure like symptoms at 400-600 mgs. I have heard and noticed for severe mental issues Invega, Zyprexa, and Saphris seemed to be the most popular ones.

2 Likes

I will stick with Abilify as long as these vitamins keep helping!

1 Like

I’m on Latuda and I get the crazy hunger pangs, too. I wake up and feel like I haven’t eaten in days. My energy and restlessness is also considerably higher, too, so might be related, I don’t know. But yeah if Abilify works on your symptoms and the vitamins can help, I think it’s cool to stick with it. Latuda does the same damn hunger thing lol.

abilify’s a weight gainer, that’s for sure. seroquel and zeprexa are worse for most people. geodon and risperdal weren’t as bad for me, but i wasn’t fully medicated when i was taking those. i hear latuda is less of a weight gainer than abilify, but it’s probably more sedating since it isn’t a D3 agonist like abilify. my shrink told me it’s just an existing antipsychotic mixed with buspar, nothing new. his words were, “they claim it treats negative symptoms,” meaning the drug reps. he didn’t know which antipsychotic it was that had been mixed with buspar, which to my mind raises the possibility it could be an old phenolthyzene like haldol or trilifon or any of thirty others, all of which carry an enormous risk of tardive dyskensia, facial ticks. i’m on abilify now and expect to stay on it until something more promising comes out.

I’ve been really restless lately, but I’m not sure if my insomnia and restlessness is due to the increased dose of Zoloft or the Abilify O.o

https://www.orthomolecularhealth.com/health-conditions/schizophrenia/

http://www.orthomolecular.org/

http://www.amazon.com/Nutrient-Power-Heal-Biochemistry-Brain/dp/1620872587/ref=pd_sim_14_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=41n4IWo711L&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL160_SR107%2C160&refRID=0840QFK3MH62FG6KEPG3

https://www.orthomolecularhealth.com/resources/taking-control-of-mood-disorders/

http://mentalhealthrecovery.com/info-center/one-persons-wrap-plan-orthomolecular-medicine/

Abilify can cause restlessness. I take the herb l-theanine to counteract that. That’s great that the bcomplex stopped the hunger cravings.

1 Like

Well you’re just an herb/vitamin guru huh? Haha

I just got lucky discovering those things. I’m glad things are improving for you in general! :sunny:

1 Like

I had no idea that you could use b-vitamins to stop the hunger. I wish I knew that last year when I gained weight and had to be switched off

1 Like

Strattera will help you lose weight. I took Strattera but I had to stop taking it because it caused sexual dysfunction and I thought it was causing me to lay in bed all day. I realize now it’s just my negative symptoms

It’s supposed to be weight neutral.( Hah). It’s also not supposed to raise your blood sugar, and now I’m on metformin for that. It’s keeping me sane though.