Schizophrenia.com

Should I admit myself?

Two nights ago I had a bad episode, I thought someone had broken into my room while I slept and stolen my journal then broke back in and planted it back in my room. I was so paranoid they were going to come back I texted my roommate telling her to make sure she lock her door tonight in case they wanted to break in and watch her too. I feel as though someone wants to give me an important message and I must deliver it somewhere but I don’t know who or what that message is. I had therapy today and she said I should call the crisis line and have a team evaluate me and possibly go in and get admitted somewhere only problem is I am supposed to start my new job soon, I don’t want to put my new job on the line by getting admitted somewhere. I don’t know who to contact in my new job to tell them I am going to the hospital and won’t be able to start this week. And I also don’t know what hospitals take my insurance, I also don’t know what med they could possibly put me on cause I have been on almost every atypical antipsychotic out there. I don’t know what to do.

4 Likes

Are you even able to work? Maybe your doc can change your meds. If you call in to work before you even work the first day they may not keep you.

I think going on disability is something that you should try not to have to do but some folks need it. If I could work I would I just can’t. Ain’t no shame in it

2 Likes

God bless you, I don’t know what to say. All I know is health comes before wealth so. If you want to perform at your job you’re gonna need to be healthy. Better to be poor and healthy than rich and sick. Luckily you can have both if they’re respectable and will give you a quick leave fore your medical emergency. I’m sure they’ll understand… My vote is tell your family and get the help…

1 Like

Do you have a friend who can help you sort this out. Maybe help you look up your insurance and see which hospitals are included. If your therapist says you need help you probably do. Good luck.

I can’t tell you what to do. If you went to work, would you even be able to function? It might be better to delay your start date if you would show up acting crazy and not able to do your job.

1 Like

You can try calling the crisis line, like you said. Also you can try calling the number on your insurance card.

Sounds like you have some insight.
This is good news.

I would see what your psychiatrist wants to do.

Maybe all you need is a med adjustment.

1 Like

I went to an outpatient crisis center and got a med adjustment, I’m back on Loxapine apparently the pharmacy has it back in stock so that’s good news. I think this is really going to help. And Loxapine worked quickly in the past for me.

7 Likes

good that you seen somebody about it! It’s nice to hear you got your meds changed and i hope that will do the trick.

1 Like

This is good news @Hanna_Foxx!

1 Like

I hope it helps. Glad to hear it.

I’m doing bad again. My case worker says I should admit myself but I’m supposed to start my new job TOMORROW I can’t afford to lose this chance at a job I don’t have the finances to carry myself much longer

1 Like

How bad? What’s going on?

I’m highly paranoid. The shadows have been bad at night again and I’m getting voices saying I need to hurt myself. The shadows are really really scaring me at night

sorry to hear you doing bad =(
you gonna try to go to your new job still though?

1 Like

Yes it starts in 2 hours, getting really nervous so far. Having some mild voices that are distracting, took a nap earlier to try and get my energy up for a long day…

4 Likes

Don’t worry, you will do great. :boar::boar::boar:

1 Like

Let us know how it went.

2 Likes

First day went over all well considering what I’ve been dealing with all week. Got my schedule. I’ll have Wednesday and thursdays off, so I’ll be working full time which is great for my bills. Little concerned about the fast pace of the job but I hope I can adapt.

2 Likes