Short lived mood swings

Anyone get this. Last morning I felt amazing. Then I crashed last night and got really depressed and invested into bitcoins. Now I feel better and kinda regret investing in bitcoins but maybe they will be worth 100x as much in 10 years so maybe worth it after all!!

Sounds like hypomania to me!

2 Likes

hypomania in my opinion but what is bitcoins?

I should have invested years ago I’d be a millionaire by now. It’s a virtual currency. That keeps going up in value. I can still make some thousands though if I’m patient.

1 Like

i have it too. ultra ultra rapid cycling.

Yeah, many times.

have you heard of rapid cycling in bipolar disorder? I get that, too.

One hour I’m energized and hopeful, the next I’m half comatose in bed, wishing for hope.

From wikipedia’s article on bipolar disorder:

The definition of rapid cycling most frequently cited in the literature (including the DSM) is that of Dunner and Fieve: at least four major depressive, manic, hypomanic or mixed episodes are required to have occurred during a 12-month period.[85] Ultra-rapid (days) and ultra-ultra rapid or ultradian (within a day) cycling have also been described.[86] The literature examining the pharmacological treatment of rapid cycling is sparse and there is no clear consensus with respect to its optimal pharmacological management.[87]

2 Likes