Share your memorable dining experiences

Yesterday we dined out at a restaurant with friend’s family. This friend is a bit special because she is the PhD student of my husband. She is from France. This week her parents are visiting her. We had an interesting conversation around a few topics. Her parents seemed very knowledgible and kind.

The food was very good, so were the people. It was a very nice dining experience.

So what do you like the most about dining out? Please share your experiences.

4 Likes

fresh food, dont have to cook or clean dishes, have more time to be with poeple and talk because I am always the one who has to put away the food and clean the pots and pans, and dishes and put them away. Like to be with family, and have guest and catch up on each others lives,

last good one I was with my fathers cowerker who was 95 years old and he was still very pleasant to be with and share some time with.

2 Likes

We had a meal in Paul Prodommes restaurant in New Orleans once. Most food in New Orleans was off the hook but this one I ordered Tuna steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was without doubt the best meal I’ve ever eaten! I can honestly say that. It was amazing.

4 Likes

Getting food you don’t normally have. If the socializing goes good.

3 Likes

Over 40 years ago I was having lunch with my brother and a businessman my brother was trying to impress at a fancy Detroit downtown restaurant. I was wearing a baby blue suit as was fashionable then. My brother ordered something fancy and so did the businessman. When I ordered a burger my brother just smiled and he and the businessman kind of smirked at each other. When my burger arrived the server also brought a Heinz squeeze type mustard bottle on a linen cloth on a silver platter. To prepare my burger I started squeezing the mustard bottle but nothing would come out because there was a dried mustard core stuck in the nozzle. So I squeezed harder and harder. I was lifting weights in those days so I was pretty strong and I squeezed as hard as I could but still no mustard came out. So I stood up and squeezed with both hands and the mustard blew with an great squirt all across and over the table, across the businessman’s shoulder and through his thinning hair and back across the table then across the chest of my baby blue suit and across my blue striped tie then up through my bushy beard and into my eye. The businessman ran out of the restaurant. My brother almost died laughing and I composed myself and asked for some linen towels and seltzer water which the server brought quickly. It was the most memorable dining experience I ever had. Needless to say there was no business deal done that day.

2 Likes

wow, such an incredible experience! That businessman must be annoyed by such an incident! unbelieveable !

2 Likes

My mom took me to Red Lobster for my birthday one year and she said I could have anything I wanted. So I ordered a live lobster from their lobster tank. It was yummy. I devoured basically everything and aside from the white meat I had no idea what I was eating. Good times.

:+1:

3 Likes

Good food, good company.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.