Sh*t People Say To People With Mental Illness

9 Likes

gold! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I found this person so irritating. I couldn’t listen to all of it.

1 Like

“Why don’t you stop taking your meds?”

“I bet you could get off all meds if you took care of yourself.”

3 Likes

“Well if you really tried, you could push yourself through this.”

2 Likes

[after responding honestly to them asking how you are doing]

“Mkay …well (looks down at wrist watch), I gotta go now.”

[suffering from racing thoughts]

“Just stop thinking.”

2 Likes

[suffering from insomnia]

“Go to sleep!”

2 Likes

A friend of mine said that to me the other day on the beach. “You are {my name} and you are a special human being. You don’t need meds, you need to accept yourself” … Jeez. I just said, we have different opinions about that, and changed the subject

2 Likes

“Have you ever stopped to think that maybe you’re not sick, and it’s all just side effects of taking so many medications? Maybe you should stop them for a few months and see how you feel.”

1 Like

firemonkey

I don’t know what to say, for me personally, this was the best post I’ve I ever seen on the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

“Whats wrong with you”, “Get your ■■■■ together”, " you’re weird".
I don’t get that anymore but I used to. If I do get someone saying that, I just take it in stride, does’nt bother me that much.

That religious ■■■■■■■■ always bothers me. Especially when I lived in a house full of them. One tried to exorcise me. And not only that, the idiot always threw his hands in my face.

2 Likes

Lol ya, I know what you mean. I used to fuxk with my fellow christians at the christian home by making ghost sounds and saying “ooooooooooooh, oooooooooooooh, the holy ghost is upon us.” like a scary ghost lmfao😄.

2 Likes

It’s kind of ■■■■■■ up, I hope god forgives me if it’s all real.

“If you were a true Christian this wouldn’t happen”.
" No true believer can suffer from depression".
Gems by my mother.

3 Likes

That girl said she suffered from depression :black_joker:

1 Like

Well its almost as expected :expressionless:

I found that lately a lot of people are coming out in the public, trying to illustrate through the art work how its like to suffer from mental illness.
But I also noticed that it is all about depression and anxiety (sometimes bipolar) - like it is the highest level of disturbance society can take.

2 Likes

I wrote my novella on schizo-affective. I sent it to my sister 3 months ago for her to edit but I don’t think she’s started it.

Now I’m a quick-changing human being and I’m starting to doubt some of the things I wrote. Although then again I tell myself they could reflect what I thought at a certain time.

Maybe I’ll go back and do another revision soon.