Sex researcher reveals the number of partners your brain can handle dating at once

Five to nine alternatives? At the same time? My mind can handle dating with just one. I feel horribly guilty otherwise and also if i have a wish to date others it means im not interested. As soon as im truly interested i have no joy in other chats/dates. And i even lack executive functions to date more.

I also cant bond when the other person dates with more. It is hard enough for me to bond as it is…I dont trust someone if there is competition.

4 Likes

What is your personal opinion @firemonkey?

I’ll stick to one person, only… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@anon73478309 5-9 sounds way too much. It should be one person at a time.

2 Likes

365 days 365 ways :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’d be open to a relationship like that. Tbh i do sometimes wonder if being DID instantly makes any relationship I’m in polyamorus :thinking:

I think she got the number 5-9 from working memory capacity, which is said to be between 5-9 for most people, but actually varies depending on the task. I don’t really know how that relates to dating multiple people, though. Seems speculative.

1 Like

I was my wife’s only boyfriend and she was my 3rd girlfriend. After 17 years we still couldn’t be happier than we are together

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.