Seeing my therapist every week again

I decided to see my therapist once a week instead of every 2 weeks - I am always symptomatic and it gives me a chance to get out of the house and chat with a non family member about different issues. I guess it makes sense for me socially - otherwise I would be pretty much isolated from others (non family members)
I think it is best that I get that social interaction - even if it is through therapy

7 Likes

Very cool… You have to start somewhere. It sounds like your family did their best and loves you very much… but sometimes… we all need some outside perspective.

1 Like

I think you are doing the right thing. Talking to a therapist once a week is very good for your health. Oh maybe you can go bowling with someone else once a week?

1 Like

No lol I am not one to go out with others and do ‘fun’ things like bowling - I am just always chronically depressed -
My therapist once said to me that she thought it would be a good idea for me to go out of my house and see her once a week. She mentioned that this would help me socialize a bit - she was right - Man when you are always depressed its difficult to get things going

I see, wave, you are different from me. I like going out and doing fun things with others such as bowling, playing tennis or even dancing. I like socializing in a slow pace and my own pace like going to art gallery with someone in a fine afternoon.

1 Like

you should try to go to a park and just sit on a bench and just look at nature and just ‘be’ , bring your headphones listen to some nice tunes. it might not get rid of the depression but it might give you a little break from it for that time.

2 Likes