Seeing my pdoc today

Whoops forgot to see him for two months. He still doesn’t know I went off my meds and am on a new dosage of abilify. Yes yes I’m a bad patient but I’m doing well so apparently the new dosage is working so he will approve.

I rarely take the klonopin and the other rxs have refills, and I was really busy , so there wasn’t the need to see him. But ultimately I really feel I need to see him.

4 Likes

I like my new pdoc. She’s an MD, but jeez, only in her 20’s, it looks like to me. From New York, originally Dominican Republic. She is easy to get along with.

2 Likes

She’s probably in her thirties if she’s gone through all that schooling and interning I’m guessing??? Maybe she’s like 29 but I’ve never met such a young doctor!!

1 Like

Yeah, maybe early 30’s, but she sure looks young. Not a single wrinkle!

1 Like

I’m 28 but people still question if I’m over 18. They end up saying something like “you look too good to be that old!” Rather than “you just look young”. I never associated looking young with looking good but apparently people do. I associate aged features with looking old, but not “looking worse”. But once a girl said “you look very young” and I kinda gave her a look “heard that before” and she said immediately after “what I’m trying to say is you look good!!”

I’ve always looked very young, and even though my personality has matured a lot from meds, my looks haven’t matured at a more rapid speed no matter what I do. So there’s very little correlation between a physical mature appearance and mental maturity I’ve observed.

I’d say maturity is more environmental while physical appearance is genetic.

1 Like

That kind of slowdown of emotional maturity does happen with SZ and mental illness in general. @Leaf filled me in about that a long time ago.

1 Like

I’ve heard of it too! I was real immature before the meds (not as immature as my peers who didn’t know me well thought, but still immature), but ever since meds I’ve kinda “caught up” in terms of emotional maturation. But my physical aging has stayed pretty constant !

1 Like

I look young for my age (51). A peer advocate told me I looked 38. I feel more like 17.

1 Like

Oh wow you do look young I thought you could have been in your thirties based on your look alone lol. It’s nice to look young. Did you always look young, or was there a point you kinda stopped aging??

I always looked young, recently has come a point I’ve stopped fighting it though. I used to drink and smoke to age me now I quit alcohol and nicotine.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve always looked young… Good show on the abstinence/sobriety. I have 15 months sober. Things are coming together very well now.

1 Like

I only have 32 days no alcohol, 3 1/2 months no nicotine. I had 6 months no alcohol but relapsed. I’m really hoping I don’t relapse again.

On my meds I have no chance to drink, but relapsed last time because I stopped taking them.

Zoloft+naltrexone +1 sip of alcohol makes the worst alcoholic wanna hurl. You just can’t do it on these meds!!! Which is a blessing for me

Then add in on abilify, I just can’t drink anymore on these meds. Only way to guzzle booze is to stop taking them meds but I learned my lesson this time. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The meds are indeed a good thing, if they do what they’re supposed to. What stopped my drinking was my stomach. I couldn’t keep the swill down anymore. My stomach saved me :kissing:

1 Like

I didn’t do it! Wait what did i do. I’m immature? Wait, you look young? You both look young. You’re both whippersnappers I tell ya.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.