Screaming/ranting episodes in town when unwell

I do agree that I’m a risk to myself when I’m psychotic as I have seriously harmed myself cutting a microchip out my left armpit. I disagree that I’m a risk to other people when unwell as I have no history of violence but I have had screaming/ranting episodes in town when unwell thinking about are out to get me and it can seem that I’m dangerous.

It’s written down I’m a risk to myself and other people because of these ranting episodes. Could ranting and raving really be seen as a risk?

Even if your intentions are not to hurt anybody when you rant and rave, you can still appear to be dangerous to other people. A grown man who is out of control can be a scary thing. Think of when you yourself are walking down the street minding your own business and you come upon a homeless guy screaming and cursing. It makes you a little scared and you wonder if he’s going to try and hurt you. That’s how you appear to other people when you’re ranting and raving.

4 Likes

Yes. You can still cause fear in other people and it’s in the public where everyone has a right to do their own thing. Control of symptoms is a serious thing with mental health management and there’s obviously a reason they have that on your file so to speak.

I think @77nick77 has covered it well and am just confirming that.

1 Like