Scientology - Antipsychiatry

I keep that ‘other stuff’ in its proper perspective. I think people like Hubbard take things and twist them to the extreme. There are/were others like the Heavens Gate cult who said aliens in a spaceship hiding in Hale Bopp comet and would rescue them (Then they killed themselves when it didn’t). Charles Manson and his twisted interpretation of the Book of Revelation, trying to start a race war and sending people out to murder…David Koresh, Jim Jones… I won’t have anything to do with such stuff.
I have actually been told I have a more rational and understandable view of aliens and spirituality. You might be surprised to know some of those comments came from a satanist and the other an atheist…

Hubbard was a science fiction novelist

Yes, Scientology is based on one of his books or series of books. To tired to goggle also slow internet atm but google which one.

Hubbard’s authorship in mid-1938 of a still-unpublished manuscript called Excalibur is highlighted by the Church of Scientology as a key step in developing the principles of Scientology and Dianetics.

Wow, this should tell us something:

Forrest J Ackerman, later Hubbard’s literary agent, recalled that Hubbard told him “whoever read it either went insane or committed suicide. And he said that the last time he had shown it to a publisher in New York, he walked into the office to find out what the reaction was, the publisher called for the reader, the reader came in with the manuscript, threw it on the table and threw himself out of the skyscraper window.”

The manuscript later became part of Scientology mythology.[87] An early 1950s Scientology publication offered signed “gold-bound and locked” copies for the sum of $1,500 apiece (equivalent to about $29,000 now). It warned that “four of the first fifteen people who read it went insane” and that it would be “[r]eleased only on sworn statement not to permit other readers to read it. Contains data not to be released during Mr. Hubbard’s stay on earth.”

It gets creepier…because Hubbard was involved for a time with Crowley magic:

In August 1945 Hubbard moved into the Pasadena mansion of John “Jack” Whiteside Parsons. A leading rocket propulsion researcher at the California Institute of Technology and a founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Parsons led a double life as an avid occultist and Thelemite, follower of the English ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley and leader of a lodge of Crowley’s magical order, Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO)
Parsons and Hubbard collaborated on the “Babalon Working”, a sex magic ritual intended to summon an incarnation of Babalon, the supreme Thelemite Goddess. It was undertaken over several nights in February and March 1946 in order to summon an “elemental” who would participate in further sex magic.[118] As Richard Metzger describes it,

Parsons used his “magical wand” to whip up a vortex of energy so the elemental would be summoned. Translated into plain English, Parsons jerked off in the name of spiritual advancement whilst Hubbard (referred to as “The Scribe” in the diary of the event) scanned the astral plane for signs and visions.

Even Crowley himself accused these people of being swindlers:

Aleister Crowley strongly criticized Parsons’s actions, writing: “Suspect Ron playing confidence trick—Jack Parsons weak fool—obvious victim prowling swindlers.”

Is supposedly Scientology’s holy grail is about human nature ie psychology by Hubbard’s. thinking. Was never published as the publisher looked at it and said F you no fn way! Hubard and a friend (A very very big wig in Scientology) got the idea that it was all too true and the “MAN” couldn’t cope with it rocking the boat. The manuscript supposedly went missing after that. Must add most that was only the account of the friend that was with him. The Scientology. Since that was before Anonymous came on the scene when I read it. I’m sure that blog would of been taken down by now.