Scientists found that the more mental stimulation a child gets around the age of four, the more developed the parts of their brains dedicated to language and cognition will be in the decades ahead

Farah took data from surveys of home life and brain scans of 64 participants carried out over the course of 20 years. Her results, presented on Sunday at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience in New Orleans, showed that cognitive stimulation from parents at the age of four was the key factor in predicting the development of several parts of the cortex – the layer of grey matter on the outside of the brain – 15 years later.

If I had kids I would force them to do so much learning at an early age that they would probably end up hating me. That’s probably why I will never be a father. :frowning::frowning::frowning:

1 Like

Now that I think about it I would be just so overbearing if I was ever a parent. Sorry if I offended anyone.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.