Schizophrenics can be more successful because they're more focused

I don’t know about this but usually I achieve what I put my mind to. Honestly schz have much more challenges than normal people, I can not focus for long hours, I can not read a lot of text but I got my driving license, went to university, got in shape, started my own business and now I’m learning professional makeup so damn right schizos can achieve much more than regular people.

1 Like

We would need stats for this…how many of the 1% elite show signs of or have come out with sz?..

This is interesting. What meds are you on now?

“Focus”

5 Likes

Not sure about focus, but I was lucky my family got me a job. I am so busy at work it is a good destraction and I rarely have time to pay attention to myself. When I was unemployed I was terrible. But now not so much. I worked pretty much in full blown relapse a few months ago and was off for a month in hospital. The right meds is important. Latuda works well for me and I can keep my head above water with it.

Everyday I go in is a success for me, it’s all down to the individuals goals and definition. Mine is destracting myself enough so I am not inside my head all the time and it seems to work.

2 Likes

I take 3 meds Elavil Mellaril and Xanax

I can handle allot of stress and function at a very high level. I have to be very carful with the Xanax but im not addicted to it. Some days I don’t take it at all, but my Pdoc warns me not to toggle and take a steady dose to avoid seizures.

1 Like

I came out with it. I went to Harvard for two years with advanced placement if that is what you mean by 1% elite.

1 Like

This is interesting- and partially…uh…on the right track, but not exactly correct.

Autism makes you more focused at the expense of getting what abstract things mean or doing anything but one thing. They can focus for hours and not even pee or eat or drink water, then can’t tell you what a metaphor means.

SCZ patients often get ideas, but sometimes they don’t get metaphors, they take them super literally, like autism. SCZ is really an extreme of synergistic thinking. It can string theories together like a pianist plays keys together. It really can. The range of our associations is wider than most true g’ factor (general IQ test) geniuses. SOME people are both g’ factor geniuses and also have SCZ. That is some powerful ■■■■. Give it some meds, and it can focus better, then your doc is absolutely right.

I myself find meds to make my aroused state focused, but guesss whatttt…I have Asperger’s (mild autism) and schizophrenia. I am no good for this question!

1 Like

Top 10 Things We Are More Successful At:
10) Neglecting personal appearance
9) Seeing and hearing things that are not there
8) Being put in prison
7) Filling the ranks of the homeless
6) Spending more time with our parents
5) Playing a doctor on ourselves without a license or a degree
4) Talking to ourselves out loud
3) Coming up with imaginary siblings and wild stories about unbelievable things
2) Believing in delusions no matter what others say

1. Going through pure Hell and living to tell about it (I couldn’t leave it all negative)
    I guess it’s because we are more focused huh? Yeah the person who told you that may need to see a pdoc herself or himself because I think he or she has delusions too.
2 Likes

Just FYI, people without schizophrenia can’t post in the ‘Dx’d - sz/sza’ section. I didn’t mind your comment, just letting you know in case someone jumps on you in the future for doing it.

What are you talking about? I was first diagnosed schz and i have a lot of symptoms from schz. My diagnosis is unclear because i dont have accompanying hallucinations. :v:

Are you serious about posting on the forum? :flushed:

Maybe successful means having a better understanding of life?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were first diagnosed with schizophrenia. In that case the rules say you can post where ever you want! Phew! :sunny:

1 Like

hahaha =) is there a post where I can read about this? I don’t get it…_______

Yes, there was a big hoo-ha about it while you were away. You can now see the updated rules for each section here:

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/categories

The one for dx’d - sz/sza reads like this:

Diagnosed with Schizophrenia or Schizo-affective (SZ/A) - This is a new support and discussion forum just for people who have a past or present diagnosis of schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorder.

Where did everybody go? The address of this site is schizophrenia.com or forum.schizophrenia.com.