Schizophrenia work must be considered tax free

Or is there something as such ?

We should get a card for buying stuff tax free and we should be working.

This way we get productive. And we also get compensation.

What are your thoughts about it ?

2 Likes

The governments done enough for me. I’ll happily pay my taxes when I get back to work.

2 Likes

I have a view which makes some sort of sense.

Being effected in a way we are unable to work.

and still we work either we should get double pay or get things tax free.

Governments already know how much we go through.

And have taken action, but what about getting productive with this illness.

There is way more extra effort give from the people who are wiling to work.

IMO

1 Like

Hahahah. I pay over 50%.

2 Likes

I get SSDI, so technically I paid into getting all my benefits for the 25 years or so, I worked. That being said, I get a significant amount from the government and got back pay as well. Whether or not you consider this government benefits or getting paid back for the years you put in is a matter of viewpoint, I guess.

I don’t see why the government needs to exclude me from sales tax and tax on any money I get for working as well.

Other people on a fixed income, seniors, other disabled, dont get that benefit, why should we?

4 Likes

I might feel the same way if I was on an older med and didn’t take advantage of my insurance. But I’m not and I do. At this point the government has invested around a 100 grand in an attempt to make me well. I want to make it up to the people who’ve made that possible.

4 Likes

what :exploding_head:

that’s freaking crazy , unless you get to see the change in your surrounding with the tax you pay.

1 Like

No, I get to watch my government mismanage it.

3 Likes

How about the armed personals in your country do they pay tax too?

1 Like

I dont know what you mean by this.

1 Like

Isn’t that wonderful people research for the med and try to make us better and still we have suspicious thoughts about them.

1 Like

I don’t but I see what you’re saying. I hate hearing things like “there’s no money in a cure” or “the governments hiding the cure”. I imagine that breaks the hearts of the people who’ve dedicated there lives to curing disease.

2 Likes

Like if you are working for the government, example army, navy or air force or any other services from the government.

2 Likes

I dont believe their military pay is taxed, but neither is my ssdi.

Edit: I may actually be wrong on that. Ive never been in the military. I think they may actually get taxed.

2 Likes

I heard your country has education and medical services for free ? Which is better than private ?

1 Like

Here I know is that alcohol is tax free for them.

Every one goes crazy for their liquor. I don’t know why.

2 Likes

Not free for post-secondary.

Most medical services are not billed for. Does not include dental.

Not better than private. Those who are of means go out of Canada for treatment because of how bad the waits have gotten. People are dying on waiting lists.

2 Likes

Personnel is what you mean.

1 Like

Yes Personnel’s,

I’d be happy to pay tax as an earner if I could go back to work; otherwise where does government get the money from to help people like me?!

2 Likes