Schizophrenia "Weight Loss and Diet Ideas"!

Hi, I wanna make a thread to share tips!

Heres my ideas:

1. L-theanine pills (w/green tea and relora)

• all 3 suppress appetite
  2. Clean eating (more healthy fat, more water, more nutrient foods, fiber and protein) sugar from fruits but not extremely strict

3. Intermittent fasting (16 hours off from 8pm-to lunch or from dinner 6pm dinner to a late breakfast)

4. Drink whey protein w/ meds and at wake up
    time…not a whole thing, just a few grams and before a meal craving w/the meal, early morning protein will jumpstart metabolism

5. Drink whey protein supplement w/plenty of water, diluting it until it is thin and watery, then pour water on the remaninder, take a sip and add in more tap water

6. Diet is more important than exercise for weight loss, exercise might stress you out and make you hungry and hypercortisolemic, better off, imo, doing as much as you want or none at all, then just focusing on diet and filling your stomach w/water

7. Your stomach feels fuller if you chew longer, even if you don’t eat more

8. Eat lots of fiber (soluble and insoluble) and healthy fat, then drink lots of water

9. Fish oil pills for brain and heart health. Fatty fish or eggs twice a week all for omega 3s.

10. Grass fed meat, beef etc, is much healthier. If you can afford it, go for it.

11. You must eat nuts like walnuts and almonds. One or two handfuls a day.

This website is stellar and helps me a lot.

Do some smart grocery shopping, put some new stuff on the list, whatever looks good or works for you.

The L-theanine, relora and green tea leaf really help suppress appetite and also calm you down and get you to sleep.

This website has tips for carb cravings.

4 Likes

Running stairs also helps, it helped me lose weight.

1 Like

I don’t run stairs at my age, but I walk stairs. That helps too.

1 Like

dark leafy greens (spinach, kale etc.)
whole grains/ low gi carbs
moderate daily exercise

1 Like

My tips are to:
drink lots and lots of water. Scientists say that drinking lots of water decreases your metabolism by 30%!
do not drink your calories.
exercise every day at something you love doing.
eat at least 60 grams of protein a day. This increases your metabolism too.
get 8 hours of sleep every night. This keeps weight down.
count your calories every day using a calorie counting application.
weigh yourself weekly and record.

2 Likes

Interval training might be helpful too.
: rather than walking at the same speed on treadmill, it is good to repeat run and walk interchangeably because it more burns your fat. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.