Schizophrenia ripped me off because

I’ll start.

1. I live in America where there are 9 firearms for every 10 people, but owning one as a schizophrenic poses an ethical dilemma… so I choose not to own a gun.

2. I attended good schools as a youth and had a solid B to B+ work ethic during my healthy years. But that’s worthless after 10 years of not working…

Those are a couple things that piss me off. I’m sure I could go on…

Why did psychosis rip you off?

3 Likes

It’s an illness like anything else I’m not angry

2 Likes

I gave mine a $20 bill and it gave me change for a $10 bill.

8 Likes

Are you even allowed to have a gun in your state? Most states have laws against people with mental disorders and/or having been committed for mental disorders owning firearms.

1 Like

If you have a 5 year clean bill of health (no psychiatric hospitalizations) you can buy a firearm.

2 Likes

I bought a gun while I was in psychosis. I thought I needed it to protect me from aliens. Which were people. I’m lucky I didn’t start shouting people.

2 Likes

Haha that’s what I was thinking. Shortchanged :smile:

2 Likes

It ripped me off from everything except food. I still enjoy eating. Its basically minimal life quality.

1 Like

Even video games I can’t play on my own. I need someone to play with and I can just play max 30 min and not everyday.

2 Likes

I did the same thing. I was on the run and stopped for a few days in Gainesville, FL and bought a short barrel shot gun. MAN. I could have really F’d up.

1 Like

I was hiding knives under my bed to protect myself from terrorists. Luckily no guns in Canada, I would have shot myself long time ago.

2 Likes

i had no weapons but me driving a vehicle was surely dangerous. the entities in my head took control of the gas pedal and brakes , and i was just zooming through neighbourhoods and running red lights. it was sketchy AF.
Then I had to lift this huge broken crt tv that was at a park into the back of my truck, then I wasnt allowed to let the tv slide into the front or back of the box or i would “lose the mission”.

2 Likes

Yeah. Driving was a trip for me too. I got pulled over after running like 10 red lights and zooming around town. I had a gun on the back seat but they could t see it thru my tinted windows. I didn’t tell anyone about that. My parents would freak

1 Like

I drove to Canada. I crossed the border at like 3am. I was mad psychosis. They searched my car and found two guns. Took one and fined me 1000. Coulda been much worse. I was psychotic and had no idea what was going on. I thought the one cop was an alien observing me before they killed me

3 Likes

Yeah, I get it a little. I mean, according to tests I have and had really good cognitive ability.

But schiz makes everything rough

I had more than a few merit rolls. Went to a private school for a bunch of years with a bunch of relatively privelaged little a-holes. They thought they were hot stuff because their families were upper middle class in a poor area.

They tried to bully me and other poor kids as a form of entertainment.

Signed up for college but transportation failed to arrive for orientation day twice. That wasn’t going to work. I found that funny as I knew them to get certain people in town to work reliably.

Not to be mean, but I don’t think those guns would improve your life too much. A home invasion or something is highly unlikely.

I don’t know what else to say except I hope your weekend is good or at least getting better.

2 Likes

At 20 y.o., I attempted suicide by driving at 200kmh during a snowstorm, there was ice under the snow. My car hit the side metal and flipped in the air landing on its top. I broke the window and got out. I was bleeding from my knee but no bone damage. I had shattered glass in my eyes that the Dr pulled out. Police were sure that I took drugs, they made me do tests and brought me to a hospital in an ambulance.

2 Likes

Finally, someone got one of my jokes – only took just over half a century.

Now I can die happy.

5 Likes

I understood it too.

2 Likes

yikes. well glad your alright mate!

4 Likes

I actually don’t think it lowered my cognitive ability by too much.

I can say maybe I don’t have the ability to study anything longer than an hour or two at a time.

Maybe it’s because it’s supposed to be Sza.

It’s certainly robbed me of employment.

2 Likes