Schizophrenia podcast

Put this url into your podcast app

https://schizophrenia.libsyn.com/rss

Inside Schizophrenia is a podcast by people with mental illness for people with mental illness. Each episode looks at life through the unique lens of people living schizophrenia and psychosis. New episodes once a month on your favorite podcast player or by visiting Inside Schizophrenia Podcast. The podcast is hosted by Rachel Star Withers with Gabe Howard.

Here’s a sample episode

https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/schizophrenia/v_2_FINAL_IS_14_-_Marriage__Relationships.mp3

Can people with schizophrenia love? Can they date or get married?
Host Rachel Star Withers, a diagnosed schizophrenic, and co-host Gabe Howard review their own past experiences.
Andrew and Stephanie Downing, authors of “Marriage and Schizophrenia: Eyes on the Prize” join and share their incredible journey and love.

5 Likes

I am currently typing while listening :+1:t3:

1 Like

What does disingenuous mean? Dishonest? 4m30s in, Gabe uses that word…

Slightly dishonest, or not speaking the complete truth

1 Like

This is such ■■■■■■■■ it makes me spew. This oh so common narrative is nothing like what the average experience is. Oh we are so willing

I found it on Pandora!

1 Like

Right somewhere in history there has to be someone who finally fights back against that ■■■■ and all the ■■■■ of humans and all there lies but what would it take?

2 Likes

It would take a high resistance to anhedonia and stress and high dopamine for motivation at a minimum. Plus some psychopathic personality to give the strength needed. So many have suffered and never in history has someone truly fought back

2 Likes

@Purple_Beast ,

@shutterbug , former moderator here , is a very high functioning guy who literally has his illness by the balls. Refer to him for advice.

1 Like

I’ll admit to being a right arse, but calling me a psychopath is most unkind. I’m just stubborn AF.

2 Likes

Oh cool! I’ll definitely check this out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.