Schizophrenia and how it affects me

Hello everybody. I am a 37yr old female who was recently diagnosed in 2011 when I was admitted into hospital. I was severely depressed and suicidal and hearing voices but the voices were not new to me. I did not start seeing and hearing things until I reached the age of twelve. I started to see ninja turtles the same night the movie came out which was 2-3 weeks after I was sexually abused by an uncle. They were nice to me until 2011 and that was when I started having issues. I still hear them and see them once in awhile and they still hide in my basement. I have been put on different medications which helps some but I can never be free from the turtles. I also go to therapy once a month. I am also being treated for night terrors, insomnia, anxiety, and PTSD. I disagree with the psychosis diagnosis but only because I have known the turtles for so long. I have night terrors about them which is why I am on Minipress but here in a few short days the dosage is getting increased an extra mg(I am on 2mg right now until next month)Lately my dreams have been really bad and the voices have increased. I am doing my best to cope. Is there anybody out there looking for a friend? I am currently waiting to start group therapy and need people to relate with.

Welcome! Iā€™m new here too. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

1 Like

Lots of people on this site are willing to be your friend. We all share the bond of sz. You can pick who you want out of here.

1 Like

Yep welcome to the boards post/read away you can be friends with all of us.

1 Like