Schizophrenia ads on Hulu

I see these all the time now. Anyone else have Hulu and get schizophrenia-related advertisements? It has me wondering if my internet use is somehow informing the content… :thinking:

I caught the last bit of this one just now.

Oh darn, I guess we can’t post videos.

Anyway. Yeah.

I notice schizophrenia ads for groups on facebook but I have joined schizophrenia groups before…I wouldn’t worry…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure most websites are using smart ads these days. They present you ads that are relevant to what you browse, but that doesnt bode well with people who have a disorder that causes paranoia.

If it does bother you them clear your browser history and cookies often.

1 Like

I have hulu. I’ve never had that happen. Not sure why I subscribe dont use it much.

1 Like

Thanks @Later_Gator!

I stream Hulu on my Xbox and use the Discourse app for the forum on my phone. I suppose it’s all the same internet and everything is talking to each other in some way.

Anyway, it doesn’t really make me paranoid, just curious. I was mostly wondering if the ads are there because of me, or if talking about schizophrenia has become a bit more mainstream.

I love your new holiday mouse avatar by the way! Looking at it makes me feel cozy and nostalgic. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Haha thanks! I cant tell if I love the mouse or if its eyes creep me out. Maybe a bit of both. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Makes me wonder if it’s being over diagnosed honestly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.