Schizoaffective fits

I heard music once again last night as I woke up and was drifting back off to sleep again. I feel schizoaffective is the dx that fits.

Stick with it then

1 Like

Do you see a psychiatrist? If not I highly recommend it

1 Like

I don’t see the same one , always a different one.

Oh. Well at least you see someone. Are you on meds?

1 Like

Yes i take abilify.

Oh okay. How often do you hear things?

Only at night when I wake up and drifting to sleep.

Okay. I kinda know the feeling. When I’m going to sleep sometimes I hear a man or woman yell. We have a humidifier too that I feel like sounds like a big band or a rock band. But that’s not really hearing things. Just sounds weird. My mom hears music in it too and she isn’t schizo anything

Yes I hear it when the fan is going… which is weird.

Yes! Fans make some of the oddest noises! I hear things in my AC

1 Like

I told you @Milly
These night time twilight hallucinations where one is half awake and half asleep are normal and not considered true hallucinations.

I get these hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations all the time.
I see these large crab like creatures climbing the walls and intruders in my kitchen.

These kind of “hallucinations” are not indicators whether you have schizoaffective disorder or not.

4 Likes

But you may very well have schizoaffective disorder.

1 Like

It feels like the radio is going in the middle of the night. It’s pretty scary.

2 Likes

My mental health team call these pseudo hallucinations. Or tell me they’re not hallucinations. I don’t think I hallucinate like some of you here do, but I do have delusions.

4 Likes

I get this too @Milly. Everyone tells me it is completely normal. So, don’t jump to the conclusion that you are sza. Consult with your pdoc.

2 Likes

If you’re only hearing things when you sleep/first wake, consider yourself lucky. I got that dang chatter in my ear all day long, man does it get old! Thank goodness they’re not calling me names anymore.

I’m SZA too but I never question my diagnosis, because I had a pretty accurate Bipolar 2 diagnosis most of my life until 30 when I got delusions and hallucinations, which shifted the diagnosis to schizoaffective disorder.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.