Schizo meds are so expensive

I’m on Abilify and Wellbutrin, and its close to 150/month. I’m 16 so my parents pay for it, but I feel so bad that I’m causing them to pay that much for medicine that doesn’t even make the voices go away much at all.

2 Likes

You should not feel bad cause I’m sure your parents love you and will do anything to make you feel better. What matters is your health now.

1 Like

You don’t have insurance? My abilify is 30 a month for the maximum dose

Abilify has gone Generic now (low priced competitors selling the same medication) - so you might tell your parents that. Typically generic medications are only about 10% of the cost of the branded ones - so perhaps a way to save money for your family:

I think Wellbutrin has also gone Generic:

2 Likes

I am also paying without insurance for my Abilify in Singapore.It help me a lot but I its really expensive

What country are you in? In the US you should qualify for Medicaid as a person with a disability. Medicaid pays for all of my meds. Look it up for your state.

1 Like

I’m very lucky that I don’t buy for my medication.

1 Like

I’ve recently heard that medications can be just as expensive when they first go generic - like Abilify. But after 6 to 12 months the production typically ramps up and prices come down.

So - hold on - it will get cheaper.