Scary moment

I was on a conference yeaterday, about mental health. A woman stood on stage and talked about mental health. Then she said her brother has schizophrenia. When she said that, she looked me in the eyes and paused. How did she know? Or was it just a lucky shot?

Another time my voices started acting up and a man on the stage turned his head and looked at me, like shut up. Then he looked back to the speaker on the stage. How did he know?

1 Like

Trust me, they do not know anything. She looked at you? and she looked at other people too?

1 Like

You’re probably just hyper aware of people around you. When you’re in a room full of people your gaze tends to wander around and you make eye contact on and off. A good speaker will also make eye contact with the audience.

1 Like

She looked at other people too after that. But I felt so exposed. Like she knew. There were 100 people in the room. I sat on row 10. In the middle. To hide.

yeah but it is only in your head… how would she know? maybe she was looking at the person sitting behind you

1 Like

She was a good speaker. Maybe it was just that.

2 Likes

You’re not her brother-right?
She didn’t know.
It does give one an odd feeling though, when stuff like that happens.

2 Likes

You became more self conscious when they started talking about something that personally impacted you. It happens. Don’t worry :sunny:

4 Likes

Ideas of reference. You become self-conscious.

2 Likes

Maybe you were the only one giving off an interested vibe? Maybe everyone else looked bored.

3 Likes

Sometimes people react to your body language which causes them to take notice of you. It can change how people interact with you.

1 Like

How do I know what body language I show? I become stiff in front of a mirror.

I personally, just try to relax and show confidence. I don’t act overly confident but I try not to act too up tight either. As long as you don’t seem nervous it should help. I mainly just try to blend in and I mind my own business.

1 Like