Scared Today

That’s not how the law works. I wasn’t psychotic when I committed the crime, so I can’t plead insanity. I was hypomanic and that isn’t enough. And how the ■■■■ am I supposed to “hire a private lawyer” when I haven’t worked in over a year? Damn you ■■■■■■■ people are so ■■■■■■■ naive, you have no idea how the system works. It’s sickening.

My girlfriend lost a self defense case and she had to do nine years. Her biggest rule she said that kept her out of trouble is to face up to anyone who comes against you in prison and then the whole prison will respect you. good luck. I don’t have much else to offer…committing suicide is a mistake, always !!

2 Likes

men prison is tougher…

1 Like

Don’t be ugly to people. We are trying to help.

My father is a criminal defense attorney. I would call the secretary and explain that you were manic. You need to let your lawyer know. I used to work for my dad and some people did go to prison. I would take suicide off the table, because you could still plead down.

3 Likes

I understand that you are extremely stressed about this and you are probably doing all you can. I assume your Lawyer knows you were manic. I hope you are not seriously considering suicide. It is always worse than it seems. I am not suggesting it isn’t bad, cuz it sounds tough, just not enough to consider suicide over. I wish you the very best of luck with all of this.

Relax buddy, just trying to help.
No need to get so bent out of shape.
If you don’t “blame” your criminal actions on your mental health (it’s called pleading insanity) then there is a good chance that you will face jail time.
No need to be so nasty about it @Sooner88
You can become Psychotic when Hypomanic/Manic

2 Likes

Private lawyers sometimes do a magical thing called sonnybono … A bunch of them do a couple cases a year free of charge … So a private lawyer is possible despite not having the funds…

1 Like

Some of the schizophrenics that I met in the hospital were from prison. So you can take it. I heard they still give you meds in prison though. Although the selection is limited.

My lawyer DOES know. He sent me for a psych eval and the psychologist put in his report that I was hypomanic and that it contributed to the crime. My lawyer said that will help with sentencing but not with guilt/innocence.

I wasn’t psychotic. I know this for a fact. I wasn’t hallucinating, I wasn’t delusional, I wasn’t paranoid, I wasn’t anything psychotic. I was just hypomanic and hypersexual and I made a bad decision. But it was my decision, and I have to face consequences for that. That’s how the law works.

WTF did you do? Maybe that would shed some light on this

3 Likes

If I were you I’d fire your lawyer and get a new one.
Good luck and hope for the best.

I was hypomanic, which makes me (and a lot of other people) very hypersexual. Sex drive goes way way up. It also causes you to be very reckless and not think about consequences. Lots of people who are hypomanic end up stealing, driving recklessly, bingeing on drugs and alcohol, and in my case having a lot of dangerous, unprotected sex with strangers.

In my case I was talking to someone online who said he was 19 and the conversation got very inappropriate, and he offered to do things with me in exchange for money. I agreed, although we never met in person because I changed my mind and thought better of it.

Five months later my house was raided by a dozen state police officers who came and took my laptop, my phone, and searched through them. I still haven’t got them back. They arrested me for prostitution of a minor. That was when I learned that the 19 year old I was talking to was really 17.

The government has all the online chat records and they know exactly what was said. It was very graphic, what he was going to do to me and what I was going to do to him… And the money that would be exchanged.

My lawyer says they have more evidence than they need to convict me. There is no way for me to be found not guilty because I really did commit the crime. The punishment is 2-5 years in state prison working in the labor camps, and when I get out I will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of my life, meaning I will never get a job, can’t get an apartment, etc…

My lawyer is trying to get them to reduce the charge to something less serious but it’s not going well so far.

I don’t deny that I did this. Denying would make no difference. But I was hypomanic at the time and when you’re hypomanic you do a lot of things that you wouldn’t normally do if you were healthy. I also had sex with a guy in the wal mart parking lot and another guy who was much older than me and very scary. I also used a lot of drugs at the time.

So you see, my life is most likely OVER. Because of one stupid mistake. If I had known he was 17 I wouldn’t have talked to him like that. And then I would still have a job and be living on my own… And not be so scared and worried.

1 Like

Yeah. and legal age is different in different areas. so I always make sure I know the right legal age.

I don’t get it. if he said that he was 19, then it’s not your fault.

he lied to you.

in fact, there are chat sites that ensure their users are to be above a certain age (usually legal age.)

You didn’t even touch him.

I don’t like legal system much. I stopped using online chats and PMs.

1 Like

Like I said, I am really sorry you are going through this. FWIW I admire your accountability and state of reality. I know it sucks to hear it but you’ll be OK. You can handle this.

1 Like