Scared to cross the road

I’m scared to cross the road. (or more like, dying in traffic)

It sucks, because I need to cross a heavy trafficated road in order to get to my bus stop to get to school in the morning, and they’ve taken down the traffic lights due to maintenance.
Yesterday I almost got run over :cry:

I have so bad anxiety about it today that I can’t stop shaking, and I had to call the school and tell them I won’t be coming today.
It sucks, and it can’t go on. I need to get to school, dammit.

How do I get over this?

1 Like

:frowning: are you able to get there early and cross early or find another road to cross from ?

No, that’s the only way there. And I’m already up at 6:30 to get there, and it’s already trafficated.

1 Like

I’d say wait till others cross ?

It’s a good idea, but there aren’t many others at this time of day :confused:

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m not sure what to advise. Ideally they should replace the broken traffick lights with temporary ones. If it just broke yesterday maybe they have brought it out ? :confused:

1 Like

They didn’t break, they took them down due to road maintenace, so it could be days before they get put back up

2 Likes

Do you have someone who could walk you across the street, maybe holding your hand? Or do other people have to cross the street too? If so, just stay close to the other people. The more people there are, the less chance of being run over. .Or can you take a different route?

Or can you leave 10 or 15 minutes earlier than usual so you wait at the street until the perfect time to cross? Call the police station, maybe they would send out a cop to walk you across safely. When I was a kid one one of the cliches was a Boy Scoot helping old ladies across the street for their good deed of the day. Any Boy Scouts near your area?. Hey, maybe hire some kid to help you cross the street. Give him $1.50 to help you across.

Or wear the brightest florescent shirt you can find so drives can see you so good that they won’t hit you.
Maybe carry some kind of lantern or or bright light so you stand out and drivers see you extra well.

4 Likes

Please be careful when crossing the road.

If the road traffic is not safe, don’t risk your life to cross the road.

77nick77 gave many constructive suggestions. I would like to add: Please lodge a complaint about the traffic light with relevant authority.

3 Likes

I’d wear a whistle and put my hand up at the approaching cars like a traffic guard.

Is it a two lane or a four lane road?

@Berru

Did you invent a new word? Methinks you’ve been watching too many old speeches of George Bush on YouTube and he’s starting to rub off on you.

Wow, I’m sorry. I kind of understand how you feel.
I get anxiety at crosswalks and bad vibes. I don’t like the people stopped at the cross watching me, in their vehicles, and I also feel like someone will hit me.
I definitely don’t suffer as bad as you, though.
Maybe you can get a friend or a family member to walk with you? Also, if you have a Pdoc/therapist, you can maybe ask him for suggestions, as they may have more.

Hahaha I mean heavily :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like