Scared of intimacy?

I don’t like people touching me. I don’t do hugs even. I don’t know how I’d manage a relationship even though I want companionship for sure. When I was younger I never wanted to get married but now I want to but afraid i’m too old.

4 Likes

Your not too old for marriage. Don’t worry about that.

2 Likes

seriously,you look very cute judging from the picture you shown,with your nice appearance and as a woman that’s like half the work done for looking for a partner,good luck

1 Like

I guess I just must have a horrible personality because I have never been in a relationship and the dates I have been on never worked out.

1 Like

i got a suggestion,look for similarities,you might feel more comfortable when you know the other person,be it your friend or partner had similar experience with you…

1 Like

are you gay ish? dont worry it will happen one day

1 Like

Being in a relationship doesn’t guarantee intimacy…some men are much more afraid of it than you are.
…and one can never be too old for marriage, or a relationship, all you have to have is the want-and find a willing partner.

1 Like

She’s not gay. Man.

1 Like

i thought she was a woman

1 Like

I called her a she. Broseph.

1 Like

I remember when I was really ill I did question it but to be honest I don’t have that confusion anymore. I am pretty sure I am not.

1 Like

Yeah , same problems

Included to think therapy would be helpful.

I’m so sorry. It’s always so hard for someone who has been mistreated.

Sexual therapist may have some good pointers. I knew a person who was abused. He would get across to new relationships all the things that just set him off because it was pulled on him as a kid, so you know where not to go. Then he explains what he likes…This discussion is suggested for all relationships who have any kind of abuse history so you don’t push each other’s buttons to a meltdown or fight that sends one running.

I have it easier. I just look in the mirror and say ‘yuck’. I’m going to use this many times over the next few months cleaning up the mess I made of myself with the soda pop and sugary stuff…300lb+ is not place lady wants to be.

1 Like

You are not alone ish. I have the same problems now.
Unlike you though, I have been in several relationships and been married twice.
Had some major trauma a couple of years ago and haven’t been comfortable letting anyone in my “bubble” since.

1 Like

This is good, but don’t assume everyone that knows this information will use it for the good of you.
Be wary of giving too much information, especially your likes and dislikes, make them earn it as the time sees fit.

1 Like

marriage is urs personal choice …what i can feel iz if u feel like having a relationship …go for it …u will definitely succeeded .people used to say"marriage are made in heaven"…pure form of love can surely help urs condition to improve in greater extend. go for it .love knows no boundary and everything iz fair in love and war…love iz ageless,timeless…

1 Like

My dad re-married at age 60. My mom re-married at age 54. My sister married her third and current husband at age 48.

1 Like

I would not say I have been mistreated or abused at all. It’s just the way I am.

I used to be like that. My clinical assessment had lots of that crap in it. “Mouse doesn’t tolerate anyone being close to him for any period of time.”

That was years ago. Now I’ve been there and done that with “physical intimacy” and I currently literally “don’t give a ■■■■”. I’m also okay with being open with people, at least the ones I trust.

In vivo Exposure therapy; go get laid. Sorry. That’s how I did it. It’s like being afraid of heights and getting rid of the fear by skydiving. Standing on a ladder will be Jack crap after you skydive. But then you might get addicted or even dependent on skydiving. Hahahahaha

Systematic Desensitization; go open up to people, start with just chatting, end up confiding in people.

2 Likes