🦇 ヾ(゚д゚)ノ゙ say anything xviii ల(`°Δ°)

It takes a while to meet the right folks. When I first lived on my own, I didn’t have any good friends. I spent my days off at the comic shop playing Magic with strangers who didn’t give two shits about me. I was lonely as ■■■■. But I eventually figured out the whole friendship thing.

1 Like

@Nomad Would meeting other people with mental illnesses help? They might understand you better. If you are in the US, you could try attending a few NAMI meetings to see if there is anyone you might be interested in striking up a friendship with. Here is the page from their website that will direct you towards meetings. All you have to do is select your state, and you will be directed to groups in your area. I hope that helps.

1 Like

I can’t calm down now. The seroquel barely worked.

Maybe my friend was right, maybe I do need some psych help. But they’d probably turn me away at the door and tell me to take more seroquel.

I don’t know about anything anymore. I feel I’m getting worse by the minute.

s t o p e a t i n g
god i did so well for two weeks and now ive just lost my goddamn mind and i wanna eat everything i see

You’re worse because your friend antagonized you as you were about to sleep. When are you going to realize he totally sucks as a friend?

I like you, turtle! Its kind of hard to imagine anyone here wanting you to quit the forum.

3 Likes

Nova you can’t always have time for everybody whenever they want.

I love attention and get lonely, but if one of my online friends couldn’t chat at the usual time, I’d remember that they have to have a life. I just watch some streaming TV or a movie. Or read.

Respecting boundaries is one of the more important parts of being a friend in my book.

I don’t know what your attitude towards hospitilization is, but it seems like a cruel thing to mention.

I’m not trying to tell you what to do, but IMO a friend worth having would keep these things in mind.

1 Like

He mentioned it because he can tell when I’m doing bad and in need of help.

He called me and we talked, and he got me to call the psych ER. They told me to come by for a talk, and he agreed to take me.
I feel my mental state is worsening by the minute, and I’m thankful he saw that and reached out before I was unable to ask for help.

1 Like

I hope you find something helpful.

Please take care of yourself.:slight_smile:

Right on, @TheNicestFreak; @anon84763962 is awesome!

3 Likes

@Pikasaur I hope you are okay. Feel better soon.

@anon84763962 I like you very much. From what I’ve seen, you are very nice.

@korieve I understand how you feel. I am trying for a 1500 calorie a day diet. I have to skip breakfast most days because even two poptarts and some milk is over 500 calories, and that just limits what I’m able to eat for the rest of the day so much! I’ll do really, really well for a couple of weeks, then I just lose control and eat everything I want. I hate myself the next day. Even though I’m good 99% of the time, I’m still gaining weight. It sucks. I’m not fat now, but I’m not thin either. I’m just average. I miss thin.

2 Likes

ive gotten down to 185 (my peak was a couple years ago when i was 250) but im still not at all satsified…at this point im really only about 15 pounds overweight but i look wayyyyy more overweight than that. i havent been thing since i was about 5 years old and i miss it too lol

I’m at 176. I had been 157 last June. I do have the occasional binge eating session- maybe every other week- but I don’t think it’s enough to keep me gaining weight given that I eat less calories every other day. But I’ve gained several pounds this year alone. I can’t seem to stop it. A few of my meds have been changed, and I’ve started having periods again (I had high prolactin levels for a few years and didn’t have any), and I don’t know if any of that is contributing, but whatever it is, I hate it. I don’t want to be fat again.

do you ever exercise? i think it can help boost your metabolism as opposed to just eating lower calories though a combination is best. i dont exercise super frequently but when i do its the kind of 2 and half hour, burn 700 calories type exercises maybe once or twice a week

I have physical disabilities that limit me from exercising. Even yoga is difficult! I am waiting on a cadaver donor match for a hole in my knee so we can fix it surgically, and maybe it won’t hurt to walk or sit anymore, and we are looking at epidural injections for my spine. I can walk a little bit without pain. I walk around stores to go shopping, so I can do a little bit of walking. It hurts, though.

oh dear thats not good. my mom is kind of in a similar position, she really needs to start exercising but she her knee is absolutely busted and she cant even walk very far or go down stairs without hobbling

I feel her pain! I made the mistake of volunteering for my daughter’s field day school event, and I had to stand with her team for about two hours as they moved from station to station. It was more standing than walking. By the end of the day, I was in so much pain it was crazy. I had forgotten my knee could hurt so bad because I haven’t done that kind of thing in ages. I had planned on taking my kids to a theme park this summer, even though I can’t ride the rides because of my back, but standing during field day made me come to the realization that I can’t possibly stand in line or walk around the park.

Thanks for being kind everyone. I’m a bit meh recently.

5 Likes

I’ve been admitted. I don’t know how long I’ll be here.

5 Likes

Good luck, hope it helps! If nothing else, I hope you get some good sleep in there!

1 Like