šŸ€ Say Anything XLII

I live in Cornwall, UK. Wont tell you exactly where just for privacy reasons but we have some really nice coast down here.

1 Like

Ok, now Iā€™m up for the day.

Iā€™ve had a cup of coffee, just smoking cigs now.

I wake up way earlier than I have to leave, because I move so slowly in the morning, just drag ass terribly.

Iā€™ll probably sit here at my computer for at least hour, making and eating something during that time, before I finally get in the shower.

I read you had a Too Short CD you traded a friendā€¦ I couldnā€™t imagine you listening to Too Short before you mentioned that. Hah. I immediately thought of you listening to this song for some reasonā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re up late; canā€™t sleep?

1 Like

Nope. Canā€™t sleep. I took my meds at the right time. I think it may be because I slept during the day. That and Iā€™m a little worried about my driving test coming up on April 2nd. It seems to keep me awake worrying about it.

2 Likes

How long has it been since you drove?

1 Like

About four years now. Time flies by. The other thing I worry about is that my car is dying. Iā€™ll have to borrow my momā€™s car for the test. More worrisome though is that sheā€™s sick with a bad flu and older now. She was coughing up blood a few days ago. That worries me a whole lot. She went to the doctor and they prescribed two medications for her. I hope sheā€™ll be alright.

Howā€™s life been treating you? Is your tattoo nearly healed? I read you wanted to get a treble clef tattoo? Thatā€™s a good one to have. Music is something else. I liked the picture of the 2nd one a whole lot. I seem to remember reading you preferred the first one.

1 Like

LIfeā€™s been okay, things seem to be starting to look up a bit.

Yeah, Iā€™m torn on which style of treble clef. I like the first one a lot, but I also really like the concept of the treble clef that contains a bass clef and a note (I think that was the second one). I might get it, if it would work as a negative space tattoo, since I donā€™t have any of those, would be something different. Another tattoo type I want to get is something geometric, maybe over the front of that leg. Iā€™m sure itā€™s painful going over the shin, but Iā€™m going to put something there, might as well get what I want. The pain is temporary, anyway; the tattoo is forever.

Thereā€™s no rush on either, though.

1 Like

Oh, and yeah the new tattoos have healed. I might need a touch up in a couple spots where I had scabbing going on, but Iā€™ll give it a couple weeks and see how it looks then.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard getting tattoos can be addictive. I can see why too, after getting mine I thought Iā€™d get more. I havenā€™t gotten any since but I do wonder about getting another. I wouldnā€™t know what to get. My brother in law has some nice sleeves done. I also have a cousin who studied oceanographyā€¦ she got a jellyfish tattoo on her arm. She can make the tentacle thingies move too. I think that one is funny and neat. I really like the treble clef idea. It is something I wouldnā€™t mind getting. Sleeves look awesome, I think Iā€™d have a tougher time getting hired with visible tattoos in some places though. Plus sleeves cost a pretty penny, or at least nice ones seem to.

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought about getting something a little more on the religious side too. Like prayer hands with a rosary because it reminds me of my grandma. Thatā€™s Mexicanish hahah. Right now Iā€™d like to lose some weight before getting a tattoo. I wouldnā€™t want it to shrink or mess up if I ever lost weight afterwards.

2 Likes

Yes, it can be very addictive. I started with just a breast cancer ribbon when I was 34; now Iā€™m 39 and have ten tattoos. I would have more if I had more money.

I didnā€™t originally set out to make leg half sleeves, but thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing now. Iā€™ll focus on the left one first, then when that one is complete I will start work on the right leg.

Iā€™ve avoided my arms so far, for employment reasons. Tattoos have become very common, and as a result more accepted, but still I worry a future employer might not want employees showing ink. I wouldnā€™t want to be forced to wear long sleeves year-round.

1 Like

I thought this would make a cool musical tattooā€¦itā€™s a spindle insert for a 45 record from the past.

4 Likes

Yeah. My brother in law works in law enforcement, heā€™s a bad ass lol. I think he wears long sleeves most of the time at work though. My tattoo was originally higher on my back but it lowered when I gained weight. Not a whole lot but I worry itā€™ll get to tramp stamp status. Not likely but stillā€¦ heh. It used to be near my shoulders now itā€™s in the middle of my back. Doesnā€™t look too bad luckily.

2 Likes

I think so too PatrickT! I would have never known if you didnā€™t explain it. Makes for a good conversation piece.

1 Like

I have a big one planned for my back, but it will be a while before I can get it.

Itā€™s hard for me to estimate with something large like that, but would guess over $1000, maybe $1500.

It would be broken up into sessions, Iā€™d pay as I go, so I wouldnā€™t have to pay it all at once, maybe have one 2-3 hour session per month.

I at least have to pay off my credit cards before I start a major project like that.

The treble clef will be the next thing I get.

1 Like

Makes me wonder what youā€™re planning on getting. Are you going to cover your entire back or just a really nice piece?

1 Like

Just a nice piece, not a full back piece.

I want to get a life-size skull, with some color and shadowing, and with the ā€œskin rip,ā€ such that it looks like Iā€™ve got this screaming skull tearing through my skin. The picture I have in my head is pretty badass.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty cool. It reminds me of our illness somehow. Pretty metal too hahah.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m going to try to get some sleep now. Good luck with your day @freakonaleash. As usual it was good chatting with ya.

1 Like