(•ө•)(•ө•) Say anything! XL ❤

Woke up with such a stiff neck, can hardly move it.

My good friend who also has schizoaffective called my boyfriend the other night because she was having an episode. (They were friends before he knew me and she would always reach out to him when her symptoms flared up) He didn’t know what to do so he passed the phone to me. I just tried to remind her that she had a disorder and that it was easy to forget that when it’s late at night and you’re all alone, that I knew how scary it was but to do her best to stay lucid and remind herself that it was just a symptom flare up, then I told her to put on some white noise or watch some tv because she was having trouble with auditory hallucinations.

I hope that was the right thing to do. Helping with psychosis is so hard because when it’s active you don’t want to hear that you have a disorder and that it’s not real you want people to play into the delusional beliefs and agree with you. But doing so I feel is harmful and ultimately makes things worse. She seemed embarrassed that I was put on the phone and that made me feel bad because I’m way better friends with her than my boyfriend is, I’ve known her way longer and we both have psychosis so she knows I know what she’s going through. I wish she wouldn’t feel so hesitant to reach out to me.

summary: My friend reached out the other night because she was having an episode (she also has sza) and I am worrying over whether I responded in the best way or not.

2 Likes

You did fine, just don’t stress over it

1 Like

Thanks going shopping and out to dinner.

So far, the abilify hasn’t caused any side effects, at least. :smile:

1 Like

I take it and no real bad side effects

1 Like

Happy Birthday @anon12381882!

1 Like

I just scheduled a flight in a sport aircraft for the 27th. That’s the day after my son leaves.

He will get here on Tuesday. We go and see Kiss on Friday night.

Edit. I changed the flight to the 28th. Have to see my psychologist on the 27th.

1 Like

had a dream last night that I moved to Australia. now I want to move to Australia. maybe for just a year, I don’t want to fly, i’ll take a cruise. I have no interest in seeing the outback really, Im no fan of deserts. I would stay in civilization on the east coast, then move back in a year and plot my next move.

2 Likes

I went ahead and continued my mlb.tv subscription for the coming year. I will probably regret it after a couple months. you can subscribe at different points of the season for a reduced amount. I should probably just wait, but oh well, it’s just money. it’s like $120 for the season. so this year I wasted $120, which is an improvement over last year where I wasted $1000, on ski pass, ps4, and mlb.tv, probably some other things I forgot. mostly I spend my extra money on my place, either garden/landscaping or interior furniture decorations.

Well, I’m up after a short sleep.

I’m not sure what to do with myself today. There’s plenty for me to do, such as grading exams, just really don’t feel like doing it.

2 Likes

I have the flu…

Oh no’s hope you feel better soon

2 Likes

Thank you, Mountainman.

1 Like

Awww. Did you get a flu shot this year?

I hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

In a bit of a depression but mom just drove me to the library. Might just mess around the rest of the day. Will probably practice the guitar too today.

1 Like

I am not going to tell the wife I am going to go flying. Last time she hid my wallet and my keys so I couldn’t go.

I might go to my library today also. Enjoy your guitar, and I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Thank you. My right hand finger nails are growing a bit to make Pima a bit easier. Enjoy your library time Monte.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Sup Monte? Yesterday night went well. I played video games with a few friends for about 4 hours. It was fun but passed by incredibly fast.

1 Like