Say Anything - Part 31

My pdoc told me not to eat grapefruit because of one of the meds i take. Gabapentin, i think.

1 Like

Yeah, you can accidentally overdose if you eat grapefruit while on gabapentin.

1 Like

Just made some decaf coffee and filled my travel mug. Then i traveled back to my bedroom and onto the internet.

2 Likes

Researching books is really fun.

I found this one author who penned a lot of screenplays to great, old films. I had no idea he wrote some of the novels behind them too.

I am at Chillis Getting the beef fajitas and a free dessert. Oh and of course a bowl of chili

2 Likes

Before I went to get food my wife sent me to Lowe’s to get a cushioned toilet seat. Thankfully it wasn’t very expensive. I hope she likes it.

She sits on the throne for like 30 minutes at a time waiting to pee.

I slept maybe 2 hrs total last night, not all in one bout.

Gonna take some ativan right now, as much as it takes to get sleep.

Oy vey!

To pee? I feel like difficulty urinating is a symptom of something, but I don’t know what off the top of my head. I hope she’s ok.

My mother has something called Interstitial Cystitis, which basically punishes her bladder constantly. She has to take pain medication to live a functional life. She likens it to having a permanent urinary tract infection.

Has she gotten a diagnosis? The medicine really works wonders for my mom’s ability to function without so much time spent suffering.

1 Like

hmmm, Phil got me cushion seat, it’s nice, makes a big difference for the female.

1 Like

She is an alcoholic and drinks a lot so she always has to pee. I will make sure she mentions it to her doctor though. Thanks.

3 Likes

if you drink a little bit you have to pee, but if you drink a lot you don’t, you get dehydrated. Unless you drink lots of tea before beer, then you will have to go.

2 Likes

Well we now have a padded toilet seat. It’s white and the toilet is off white so it isn’t a perfect match but the wife loves it.

1 Like

Just spent 2 hours cleaning the apartment. It really needed it. I didn’t realize how much clutter there was!

2 Likes

Anyone here been on Lunesta (eszopiclone)? Does it work?

Love it. I sleep 10 to 12 hours a night on it. My favorite med.

1 Like

Sounds good! I’ll ask my psychiatrist about it!

I tried it and it didn’t work for me.

1 Like

Oh no, really?! Do you have any details, like dosages, how many weeks you were on it, etc?

I tried it for about a month or two. Got to the max dose then doubled it out of desperation a few nights. It never really did anything.

1 Like