Say anything part 2

It feels like a roasting temperature up here in Canada due to the high humidity.

Meanwhile, last year, my air conditioner started making a ton of noise. But that was at the end of the summer. So I let it be. Today I removed it from its cover and had a look at it. I knew that the noise was due to dry bearings.

The trick was how to re-oil them while not having to take the motor out. These motors are typically brass bearing types. So I knew that if I drip some oil on the spindle it would make its way to the bearings. It worked. It just kept on sucking up more oil and that is because partially surrounding the bearing area there is an oil absorbing material designed to store a supply of oil for a long time period.

But that was just one end of the motor. The other end was difficult to get to.

So I used my old ear wax cleaner and a plastic tube from within and old plastic spray bottle. The plastic tube is inserted into the ear wax cleaner thus producing a long bendable extension. I then filled it up with oil and its extension flexibility allowed me to get the the other end of the motor and load it with plenty of oil.

Now itā€™s back to being nice and quiet again. Job done.

2 Likes

The odour of sanctity can be understood to mean two things:

An ontological state (a state of being), not usually related to an actual olfactory sensation, indicating that the individual possessing it is in a state of grace (i.e., a state characterized by the absence of mortal sin). Usually refers to the state of an individual's soul at the time of death. Some canonized saints are said to have died in an odour of sanctity.

Whatā€™s up Genbu? I remember you had some serious heatlh concerns (possibly cancer?)ā€¦

1 Like

I have a recurring fear that I checked a book out of the library in 1973 and havenā€™t returned it. Now I owe the library $52,000 dollars.

3 Likes

ah I have some anxiety but alright by far. Everybody is surprised for my weight and you know the usual

• I have mild anxiety :slight_smile:
1 Like

I wonder if I have PTSD. I hear that people who went to war want to go back because they miss the adrenalin.

I looked at some old things I wrote in high school and I can tell the themes were I miss living in the ghetto. And I remember my level of physical fitness was much higher and I was more motivated to be successful. I had more control over my life and my impulses. I was a better person over all.

Iā€™ve always beeen interested in trying one.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to understand why I canā€™t seem to play well with others, but also canā€™t do many things by myself either. Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that I canā€™t reproduce good results like a normal person. I was confused for a while because I thought that there was just one reason for both my inabilities, but now I think that the two are separate problems. When Iā€™m with others doing group activities I have to be careful not to infect them with my negativity. When Iā€™m alone I need to practice only doing things that get me in a good state of mind.

My life is a mess

Hope everyone is having a nice day! Sorry for rambling on.

1 Like

Probably not.
I learned from my husband, who had a friend borrow one of the movies he rented from the local library, and the friend forgot to return it, that you wait one year later, and the fine dropped from $180. to only $12. when you return the item.
Silly huh.

3 Likes

Did they see us?
I think thesaurus.

4 Likes

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
Iā€™m just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because Iā€™m easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesnā€™t really matter to me, to me.

6 Likes

Happy Cake Day @Dreamscape2 :cake:

1 Like

Been on this account a whole year :sunglasses: When do I get to drive the office car? :blue_car:

3 Likes

While Iā€™m asking where is the advanced user tutorial? Noticed a badge but canā€™t find the tutorial. How long does it take to do as short on time these days?

I didnā€™t know there was an advanced user badge.

2 Likes

I think my new greatest fear is living a mediocre life. One where Iā€™m not really unhappy but at the same time I feel I havenā€™t accomplished anything and all of my dreams go unrecognized. I die as meaningless to the greater world as I was when I was born. Horrible.

If the bad entities really want to scare me they should be giving me nightmares like that :joy: Though thatā€™s a different sort of fear I suppose

1 Like

Cure cure cureā€¦!!!

I treated myself to a sub yesterday, yum. I also have been doing a hour of paper work every morning, need to get through this pile soon.

I donā€™t want to be spending my long weekend doing paper work and it never ends.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s a sub?..

A foot long sandwich

4 Likes