Say Anything LXIII ☔

11 Likes

Yay! New thread!

3 Likes

I cancelled my plans with my friend today because I just wanted to mope in bed all day. Then my partner decided they weren’t going to key me so that and took us all out to a fancy restaurant for my son’s birthday today. I decided calories don’t count today, and I let my partner order for me because I couldn’t decide and they know what I like. But when I got home and looked at how many calories my meal was I was :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:. Oh well. Good thing salad is on the menu for dinner! :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

I’ll take third, no problem.

5 Likes

I’m at a lifelong friend’s house. we grilled burgers and now we’re going to do maintenance on his 4 aquariums. …it’s good to get out of my social isolation

6 Likes

I’m broken. I feel like I’m waiting for my g. grandmother to die, and it’s horrible to feel that way. I haven’t done anything- can’t do anything. I’m just waiting by the phone with baited breath.

2 Likes

How far away is she? Could you visit? Maybe call and check on other family?

I just ordered this super cool silk kimono-like bath robe and a new pair of flip flops.

I figured I’d treat myself to some new lounging clothes. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

It’s been an emotionally long day. I’m ready for tomorrow.

4 Likes

I just cancelled an order of a couple horror books and requested some works by the same authors from my library. I need to watch my online spending anyways.

God do I love the library!

4 Likes

Same. I love my library so much! I wish I could go more often.

2 Likes

Library lovers high five! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I always feel really safe in my library. Most of the people who work at mine are super nice and helpful too. Especially when I ask about my weird artsy films and books.

2 Likes

She’s about 2000 miles away, so no visiting. :frowning:

1 Like

It’s been years since I went to the library. I have to pay to go to the library- an annual fee. I could go to one half an hour over for free, but it’s just so far! The other one is about a ten minute drive. I need to rejoin. It’s not that expensive. I like owning books, though. They look nice on my bookshelf.

What I really need to do to get out is join a NAMI meeting. I’ve been wanting to do that for ages, but I’m so nervous!

2 Likes

I hear ya. I love owning books too! But I usually only buy something if my library doesn’t have what I’m looking for and it has decent reviews.

NAMI meetings sound like a solid idea. It’s always good to have more support.

4 Likes

I wish there were a life I could look forward to if I weren’t psychotic, but my job’s been giving me a hard time and relationships haven’t been working out. I am out in the backyard and it feels so quiet, but I can’t fully enjoy it because of the stress I’m in, not knowing where my future is going. I don’t plan on asking the doctor for a med change unless things get worse again. She sounded like she knew exactly what was going on, much better than I do. I wish I could occupy myself with something… maybe a walk. Hopefully November will turn out to be a good month.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t be having this many positive symptoms if you’re on the right meds and they’re working well. At most, you should have the occasional breakthrough symptoms when you’re really stressed or on your period or something. But it shouldn’t be lasting this long. Your doctor doesn’t know better than you what you’re going through, I can guarantee that.

1 Like

I should be asleep, but I guess I’m just not tired enough for that.

I just updated my resume and wrote a cover letter for a job for which I am going to apply. I’m just looking for something part-time to supplement my income.

4 Likes

Thanks, I don’t really know what to do about it, though. In fact I’ve sort of always believed certain things, I just chose not to share it. I don’t think that things will necessarily get better if I take more meds. I’d already lost my last job and am discouraged from working again. I’d like to rest for a while. I can’t seem to get anything done lately… no interest in movies, trouble with house chores. I’m taking all my meds as prescribed, but the doctor thinks the psychosis stems from anxiety and to keep working on my anxiety.

I want to be alone. I’m struggling and no one needs to be my strength. I can deal with it on my own.