Say Anything III

You’ve already shown me since we talked about it how much you know about this. You have not much to learn from me. Swimming is good, yoga is good for where you wanna go. You already know so much. There is only one thing I would have to say but I bet you could find it on your own! You’re so smart and determined with this, I don’t think there is much that could stop you!

1 Like

Lol ? :joy:

Hope I have the energy to see through it. Usually I give up as my mood fluctuates.

Well if you want I can tell you a little trick to get around that. But keep this in mind that this is what works for me. I haven’t tried it with anyone else yet. But it does seem to work on a psychological level.

1 Like

sure :slight_smile: :open_mouth:

Well pick one change you like to make. Just one. A piece of your diet, exercise, whatever. As long as you do one. Then as your doing it, and every time you do it, say something to yourself like “i love this” or whatever you want. Try to keep this up as long as possible. So I would suggest when you have one of your lucky streaks. Then when you don’t want to do that, say the phrase to yourself. It will make you want to do your thing again.

Like I said this works for me because I was so determined in the beginning to go, I knew myself. I was just like you where I didn’t want to do it all the time. Then I came up with that and I’ve been weight lifting ever since.

And I say make one change at a time. And when you’ve mastered it and it becomes habit, you can congragulate yourself and make a new change and start the cycle all over again. Eventually it will pile up and you’ll be a new person!

2 Likes

that is a great advice. Thank you :slight_smile: I am excited!

1 Like

I haven’t heard much today (as far as auditory hallucinations go) it’s really nice! :slight_smile:

I got a Sonny Boy Williamson CD, and it’s amazing! He was a Blues singer and harmonica player from the Chess records era.

1 Like

That’s nice of you to say.

I think you’re a wonderful gal. :heart:

you too kindness, you are great. I really learn a lot from your posts.We suffered a lot both of you i guess.
Are you fine? Me, the loneliness killed me a lot. but it was the illness who made me so lonely too :/. I want to feel poisitive emotions some day, that’s my hope. cause now, its just painful in my soul and body.

1 Like

@Anna1

We all suffer. I think if we learn to love ourselves, we can love others, and we’ll find our purpose in life.

yes, kindness, i know now that the key is to love myself. But my brain is overwhelmed by the years of despair and passivity. It doesn’t work anymore, you see… I cant feel positive emotions. Plus, i am so lonely physically that my situation will be tough to change… I am in this demoniac vicious circle often. I cant control sometimes. i hate, i get ragy, i am jealous and i cant control this. how this will change? do you think time is on my side? i struggle since an year but i lived self desctructively since kid you know… i am not sure ill be happier soon cause everything in my life is really bad. I hide even from the neighbours kindness but this leads to the loneliness which can be killing for everyone…

2 Likes

Awww :heart::heart::heart: you’re shy

I have a lot of hope for depakote. It’s managed to pass my first day mark because it’s been several hours and I have gotten no side effects. (I know I’m on a low dose but I have had meds that even on starting doses I had strong negative reactions to and had to quit right there) Also I read that it’s good for migraines and I get migraines too so that’s cool.

I think it took talking to the psychiatrist today to realize just how chaotic my emotions are. I’m all over the place and everything I experience is far too intense. Anxiety, can be deeply depressed and then 2 weeks later the next day suddenly I’m fine, can become randomly extremely irritable and aggressive, get scared very easily, I am all OVER the place. I think a mood stabilizer will be very good for me. Fingers crossed it doesn’t make me gain too much weight!!

1 Like

Yaomachtia. That is the name of the supposed Aztec martial art. There is skepticism about it’s legitimacy though. For instance part of the name is from old European languagea like latin/greek. The first part of it’s name is from the language Aztecs spoke. The Yao means war and machtia means foundation.

The information however seems to be more readily available than the arts for apache. There seem to be more schools that teach it as well.

1 Like

Okay back to work! :slight_smile:

I like getting organized.
Need to design something for a wedding first :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve learned to ‘look for the light.’ The other day I was watching TV and there was a lady who was burned over 70% of her body including her face (she was the only survivor of an airplane crash). She easily could have felt sorry for herself and hid in her house, but there she was singing to millions of people on national TV. She was horribly disfigured, but what I saw was the most beautiful woman in the world.

It seems to be human nature to selectively focus on the bad things that happen in our life while ignoring the good things, so we need to retrain our brain to focus on the good things. And there are good things. This is what I mean when I say to look for the light. On a personal note, I’ve had two strokes in the last seven years, yet I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Look for the light.

2 Likes

I went down to 20 mg twice a day and my gag reflex has become hypersensitive again. Technically I’m being a bit naughty here because I’m supposed to be taking 20 mg during the day and 40 mg at night for a week first but I wanted to bypass that and go straight to 20 so I could quit faster. I think that’s not going to work though. Had to force breakfast down this morning and if this goes like last time each day will get harder and harder to eat anything until eventually I won’t even be able to tolerate the smell without gagging.

I’m sorry your having a rough time of it with that, Anna.

I finished some work. It is already noon. I need to work some more and then clean.

Do you work from home?

1 Like