Say Anything F is for French Fries

The day I quit I was smoking two packs a day and quit cold turkey because my wife told me that she was pregnant. I was a nightmare to live with for a while. I think that you would call that a heavy smoker.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would be a complete ■■■■■■■ if I didn’t smoke. Two packs a day is a lot. We don’t even smoke that much between me and my mom both.

2 Likes

There’s a picture of me that one of the kids drew of my head spinning around screaming at them in the classroom. That was the last year that I taught kindergarten. It reminded me of the exorcist.

2 Likes

Some day I am going to have to quit too. I’m not ready yet but I can’t keep doing it forever. It really is bad for your health.

1 Like

I ended up with asthma which in my case is mostly mild unless I try to run or climb a lot of stairs. My oxygen saturation when from 71% to 98% now. So you can heal if you quit. I suggest having a doc help you with quitting instead of going the route that I did when you are ready.

1 Like

So what have you been up to? Don’t forget my internet recycles around 4-4:30 if I disappear for a while.

1 Like

That’s the one good thing I did while I was psychotic. I quit smoking for about a year. Mostly because I thought it was poisoning me but I also thought that it might be sin.

1 Like

I think I thought everything was a sin. I can’t believe the clarity difference in just getting off the cymbalta.

1 Like

Not much. I’ve trying to get the neighbors dog to trust me so I can pet it by giving it snacks once a day or so and I finally tried to pet her again today and she nipped at me and starting barking.

1 Like

She probably smells your dog and is being territorial. Give her more time.

1 Like

She is fine with my dog though. They run back and forth with each other at the fence line and stuff. I dunno. My neighbors son said she was abused in her previous home so it may take quite a bit of time if she ever comes around.

1 Like

That’s sad, abused dogs never forget the pain and they are always cautious. Good luck with her. I actually started to work on making my daughter’s blanket again. It’s about half way done, If I work at it, it might be done by Christmas.

1 Like

I don’t believe that you have mentioned your daughters blanket before with me…or I just forgot. What are you doing to make the blanket? Knitting, Sewing or what?

1 Like

Crochet. I learned how to do from my aunt when I was in the hospital back when the broad ran over me in the parking lot. I still don’t have my phone back from my aunt’s car, I am supposed to get it back tomorrow when she takes me to the food bank. I’ll post a picture of it when I get it back right now I am communicating through an old PC.

1 Like

My grandmother use to make blankets. I believe that she mostly sewed her blankets together.

Oh, do you usually use your phone for the forum? I was under the impression that you always used your old computer. I much prefer a nice big keyboard and screen on a computer myself. I never use my phone for this forum. Little screen…not able to type, etc.

1 Like

Actually I use the phone on the forum to post pictures that’s all, it’s way too small to use the keyboard and I hate autocorrect.

1 Like

I usually just email my pics from my phone to computer and post them that way. I really don’t like using my phone that much. lol. Mostly I just use it as a camera. I only usually get one phone call a week on it that is not a scam number. lol

1 Like

That’s what I do as well. If this old thing had a camera that would take pictures like the phone I would be all set. I call my aunt once a day to check on her. I am afraid of her dying in that house and no one knows for a while and I am the one who is going to find her.

1 Like

How old is your aunt? I so far have only had one of my aunts and uncle die. My uncle died this year.

1 Like

She just turned 70 in June. She is not in the best of health but her sisters are still living in their 80’s. Probably an irrational fear but what can you do?

1 Like